New Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Motor Mounts

Soon I will be purchsing a JDM H22 to swap in my 1992 Honda Accord 4dr. But before I purchase that I would like to buy some performance motor mounts. Now since the swap is a easy bolt in swap. I would just basically want to buy Stock motor mounts but I would like some a little bit stronger. So is there any company that makes performance Accord Mounts for my year?
    -Chris
    HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
    -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

I haven't seen them. I bought all OEM mounts when I swapped mine. Screw poly-urathane mounts for my everyday car. The vibration is for the birds or my wife.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

poly is much stiffer but they are about the same..poly lasts longer...lets just say that oem lasts like 13 years...and poly is more....

i got the two side ones here if u would like it...they are used, still good OEM....ill sell it to u cheap.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Energy suspension & Powerflex make poly bushings....dunno if they make them for our Accords, I haven't heard they do.

I know they could make some if you give them dimensions,etc.

Anyhow, new OEM ones will prolly do ya fine...think that's what I'm doing.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i filled mine with 3m window seal. its in a calk type tube, you can get it fron advance auto or just about any auto parts stores. i havent got the h22 running yet becouse im waiting for a intake mannifold gasket but when its all done i will let you know if this helps at all

Comment

Originally posted by h22wagon
            i filled mine with 3m window seal. its in a calk type tube, you can get it fron advance auto or just about any auto parts stores. i havent got the h22 running yet becouse im waiting for a intake mannifold gasket but when its all done i will let you know if this helps at all
            So basically your saying you "restored" your stock used bushings by doing that? Doing so by sealing up existing cracks, etc.

Never heard of that approach, wonder how long that will last if I understood you right.

I'd be interested in finding out how much Energy Suspension or Prothane would charge to make/supply motor mount bushings for 4th gen Accords. Prolly wouldn't be hard for them to make them.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...em=13&back=yes

Not sure if this will help...

DDrew
              Black 93 Honda Accord EX Coupe
              Mods: - Tein SS Coilovers - 17" Enkei RS Evolution's - Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Bar (Black) - Custom JDM One Piece Black Housing Headlights - Custom Grill (now painted black) - Clear Bumper Lights - SE Tan Leather Front Seats - Neuspeed Short Shift Kit

Comment

off topic but DDREw how did u fit tha si stocks on the accord

Comment

You can probablly use the h22 mount bushings. The are almost identical. Some company makes the poly mount bushings. I don't remeber who right off hand since mine are sitting at the garage with my other stuff. Next time I go there I'll post what brand they are. They only cost me 35 bucks.
                  Pictures of my Car
                  Check out my Interactive Service Manual CD's

More Coming Soon!

Comment

well i have the motor running and the mounts feel more solid but not harsh. i havent launched the car yet so i dont know how that will feel yet(i want to break in the motor becouse its been sitting around for a while). i have the energey suspention poly bushing in the front and i think the rear is the same so you can use one in the back too. but im not %100 sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X