CB7 V6 Swap Parts List & Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ray ray View Post
    if you guys need any measurements or anything let me know, i work for honda here in prescott i deal with the 3.5 all day long and matter of fact there is a j35 sitting right out side my bays no tranny just motor i may pick it up to get measurements and test fit my accord needs a new motor anyways.
    24 x 24 x 23 would cover it.

I got bored and measured it the other day. They are all the same size, so that would cover any J series you wanted to use. The older ones with seperate exhaust manifolds might be a smidge wider, but I think that same box would still cover it.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
      lithonia/stone mountain

i got my hands on a 03 cl type-s motor and 6spd tranny. i just need to find a car to put it in.
      Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        A couple notes.

The V6 mounts are similar to the 4 cylinder ones, except the 2 extreme ends are swapped, since the engine sits the opposite direction obviously.

1) The 6 speed can come from a CL Type-S, Accord V6 6 speed, or a 2nd gen TL 6 speed. To the best of my knowledge, they are all interchangeable.

The CL Type-S or TL 6 speed would be preferrable since they both come equipped with LSD.

The RL is available in auto tranny form only, although, it is the SH-AWD tranny, so that opens up a whole different can of possibilities.

2) Brakes. Even with a V6, the 1998-2002 Accords have 11.2" rotors and the same pads as the Prelude VTEC swap. A change to more aggressive pads, and these should be fine, especially considering the CB is several hundred pounds lighter.

The V6's do have larger wheel bearings though, so perhaps Odyssey front knuckles and a 5 lug swap would be in order.

3) Axles. These would most certainly be custom, although I don't think the DS shop would have trouble with it.

For AC/ and PS, all lines would have to be custom. Not a big deal.

4) The EMS part gets a little trickier. If you could find an OBD-1 solution, to make it work, that would be ideal, but I suppose you could do a TON of wiring and get the stock ECU to run everything. Steer clear of the DBW ones though.

All in all, this is speculation. Someone is going to have to pay the someodd thousands to get the J series drivetrain in front of them. Then they are going to have to pay the someodd thousands to make it fit, and then the someodd more thousands getting all the details worked out.

I won't reveal too much of my plans though, even though I have been working through it in my head.

You are on your own for that.
        The J series swap is looking like it's in the near future.

owequitit will probably be the first to pull it off, I like what I'm seeing so far.

This could be a very interesting swap to see.
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
          Come again?
          i was keeping it under wraps.
          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
            The J series swap is looking like it's in the near future.

owequitit will probably be the first to pull it off, I like what I'm seeing so far.

This could be a very interesting swap to see.
            I am not even comtemplating a V6 swap in a CB7. I would be glad to help someone else out, but it does not interest me in the least. At least not in the way it is being discussed.

The thought appealed much more to me in an S2K, but HPD already took care of that for me.

Comment

OP can you quote all the important posts and put them on the first page so its easier to navigate please?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                The thought appealed much more to me in an S2K, but HPD already took care of that for me.
                i thought this was a joke, i googled it and all i can say is wow..

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

yea it looks right at home in the s2000 lol
                  http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ls-37l-v6.html

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                    yea it looks right at home in the s2000 lol
                    http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ls-37l-v6.html
                    Talk about a downgrade

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i got my hands on a 03 cl type-s motor and 6spd tranny. i just need to find a car to put it in.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139243

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                        Talk about a downgrade
                        how is that a downgrade?? even if its the 03-07 accord v6. even if you get the same hp but more torque at a lower rpm.
                        i see nothing but win with that car. 280hp, 254tq if its the base model engine, 305hp, 275tq if its the typeS. again how is that a downgrade???

you gonna sell it to me???
                        Last edited by ChampCoupe; 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

you gonna sell it to me???
                          You should practice installing it in my car prior to getting one for you car. You don't want to mess anything up on yours ya know...

lol

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            Talk about a downgrade
                            Depends on what you want.

It has an extra 45-65HP and an extra 105 lb/ft of torque, and the J series is very much a kickass motor. I wasn't as fond of the F22C because it only redlined at 8K. Even the Civic Si does that.

Plus, put 5-10lbs of boost on the J37 and watch what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                              You should practice installing it in my car prior to getting one for you car. You don't want to mess anything up on yours ya know...

lol

so you can enjoy it for me

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

so you can enjoy it for me
                                yeah why not

Ride List
                                1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                                2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                                newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Working...
                                X