No announcement yet.

CB7 V6 Swap Parts List & Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with a custom axle that has one end that is whatever the J series engine needs and then the other end that can mate into the CB knuckle?

I mean really, isn't it that easy?

J-series engine splines <------------> CB7 knuckle splines

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
      What is wrong with a custom axle that has one end that is whatever the J series engine needs and then the other end that can mate into the CB knuckle?

I mean really, isn't it that easy?

J-series engine splines <------------> CB7 knuckle splines
      thats waht I was thinking about before, but with all that power? They wont hold up as well seeing as how the cb end is weeker.

Say you brake one, it may take a week or more after the job is done including shipping. Even localy it may take a few days.

If all you had to do is have one shortened, a few hours and its done...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
        How is that not part of this thread. The J swap WILL require different knuckles and cv shafts or just shafts. Depending on how you want to do it. The 5 lug is the whole part about it, no wheel bearings will bolt up to the Cb7's knuckles. So one will be required to use different knuckles, and all the knuckles used with the J series are 5-lug...

So discussing which knuckes to use will put everyone one step forward on were this swap is going. I guarantee you I am doing this swap.
        No, it WON'T need extra knuckles.

1) You are posting questions that have nothing to do with the topic, when the question has an easy answer if you put in about 3 seconds of effort.

That is what I corrected you for last time.

If you want to say you are using different knuckles that fit AFTER you figure out which ones are the same, fine, I don't give a shit. But this is NOT the thread where everyone is going to teach you everything there is to know about Hondas because you are too lazy to go look and find out for yourself. PERIOD.

This is also not the thread that we are going to use to discuss every Honda part under the sun, unless it relates to getting the J series into the car.

These knuckle posts don't count because the easiest way has ALREADY been covered.

2) I have ALREADY deleted over a page of your posts that have contributed NOTHING to the topic of getting a J series into a CB7. Posts that did nothing other than mention how you were going to do it. Great, do it. Stop talking about it. I want to see a J series in a CB. I don't want to see 30 pages of posts on why a 2008 Odyssey knuckle can't work in a CB7.

You said you spend HOURS searching for OBDiib info, so I spent less than 3 minutes and had more information than you, which indicates to me that you either didn't search like you said you did, or need practice at it.

I don't know if you don't get it, or just don't listen. If your question doesn't pertain EXACTLY to getting a J series in the engine bay, it doesn't belong here. Even these are limited as we have already told you that we don't know a lot of the stuff, such as which brackets are needed. Welcome to being a Pioneer.

There are TONS of other threads that already cover most of the questions you are asking, and you just don't want to go take the time to search and read for them.

People took a lot of time to put those together, and you are doing them, and ME a disservice by not at least reading what they have done.
        Last edited by owequitit; 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

thats waht I was thinking about before, but with all that power? They wont hold up as well seeing as how the cb end is weeker.

Say you brake one, it may take a week or more after the job is done including shipping. Even localy it may take a few days.

If all you had to do is have one shortened, a few hours and its done...
          What do you have to substantiate this? Have you seen any of the 600WHP Accords on here than use stock knuckles?

I am pretty sure you won't be anywhere NEAR the limit of the stock components.

You will cause 10x more problems with geometry trying to reinvent the wheel. The knuckles are solid steel. They don't just break.

Comment

I know this is what your trying to get away from but... aren't most axle splines universal?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              What do you have to substantiate this? Have you seen any of the 600WHP Accords on here than use stock knuckles?

I am pretty sure you won't be anywhere NEAR the limit of the stock components.

You will cause 10x more problems with geometry trying to reinvent the wheel. The knuckles are solid steel. They don't just break.
              Your not modifying the knuckles, your making custom cv shafts.You cut it in half and put 2 togeter you are going to sacrifice the integridy of the axle.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                I know this is what your trying to get away from but... aren't most axle splines universal?
                And its not the splines, its the diameter of the inner hup. The J series axles are thicker than ours.

Comment

Your not modifying the knuckles, your making custom cv shafts.You cut it in half and put 2 togeter you are going to sacrifice the integridy of the axle.
                  Holy shit, no. Just no.

Don't cut an axle in half. If you thought that's what I meant then you are sadly mistaken.

Get a shop that makes custom axles to make one that will work for you. This is one of the simplest parts of the swap I don't see why you are having such a hard time getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    Holy shit, no. Just no.

Don't cut an axle in half. If you thought that's what I meant then you are sadly mistaken.

Get a shop that makes custom axles to make one that will work for you. This is one of the simplest parts of the swap I don't see why you are having such a hard time getting it.
                    I know that, but I went to a shop in my area and thats how they said they would have dont it. They said they woul cut them and welded them togeter. Im just like thats fucking stupid. That wont hold.

I dont know anyone else who could do it. There arnt many shops here, Even if they did. Even though wouldnt it be better to use the bigger shafts

Comment

I know that, but I went to a shop in my area and thats how they said they would have dont it. They said they woul cut them and welded them togeter. Im just like thats fucking stupid. That wont hold.

I dont know anyone else who could do it. There arnt many shops here, Even if they did. Even though wouldnt it be better to use the bigger shafts
                      Find a better shop, sweet goodness. Welding two cut axles together and driving on that? Those people should be taken out back and shot.

Drive shaft shop and Gator Axles are just two great options for custom axles. DSS is crazy good stuff.

Comment

How do they do it?

Comment

I HAVE NO PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE OF ANY OF THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!

I FIND OUT WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BY SEARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, man, not trying to knock you but Scott's right. You need to sit down and search for the questions you have before you come here asking. Good luck with the swap but I'm done looking up stuff.

Comment

No you really aren't. They make hybrid drag axles all the time that not only have to withstand 1000+HP for an entire racing season, they have to do it while having the clutch dropped against racing slicks.

When you cut a shaft, the part that is left is STILL solid steel. machine a new end, and voila, an axle that is shorter but just as strong. In fact, theoretically, a shorter shaft would be stronger, because there isn't as much length for the twisting force to act over.

Comment

How is that not part of this thread. The J swap WILL require different knuckles and cv shafts or just shafts. Depending on how you want to do it. The 5 lug is the whole part about it, no wheel bearings will bolt up to the Cb7's knuckles. So one will be required to use different knuckles, and all the knuckles used with the J series are 5-lug...

So discussing which knuckes to use will put everyone one step forward on were this swap is going. I guarantee you I am doing this swap.
                              1) A knuckle swap is NOT required for this to work. In fact, if you were to swap in 5 lug odyssey knuckles, guess what, you would STILL USE THE SAME DRIVE SHAFT.

I actually know people who have done these swaps, so instead of speculating, I am stating actual fact.

The ONLY difference with the 5 lug Odyssey or 5th gen Prelude's is the slightly larger size of the bearing. They all three use the exact same out shaft joint. The Prelude also has other minor differences which again, have already been documented on here.

You are trying to turn a garden hose into a raging river.

I guarantee if you actually take the 10 seconds to actually call the people that know how to make driveshafts, they will be able to cook something up that uses the J series inner joint, the F series outer joint and will take more HP that you could ever hope to make. They have already done it with Civics.

The fact of the matter is, you may as well just buy an F series and put that back in there, because you don't have the focus, the wherewithal, the knowledge or the willingness to pull this swap off. You will get your car all torn apart, and then it will end up getting junked when it could have been a perfectly good car.

I know this, because here you are still refusing to do any of the thought work all by yourself.

Enthusiasm is great. It is worthless without follow through. You want everyone to do the work for you, so that you can just slap something together, and it isn't going to happen. Mainly, because we can't exactly answer all the little questions you are asking, which we have already told you repeatedly, and then you keep coming back.

And then, the ones we DID answer, you just blow off anyway, and pretend we never answered anything. Just like the axle issue. It's been covered. Intelligently. The simplest part of the whole swap and you have wasted 8 posts trying to figure out some overly complex way to reinvent the wheel, that doesn't need to be reinvented, to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
                              Last edited by owequitit; 06-11-2008, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Ok so the easyest way is to have a cv shaft made, the regualar end that the accord already has and then the J's side?
                                Last edited by owequitit; 06-11-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X