Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
    I was reading off of this:

Honestly, the J35 in the TL-S is under rated. People always assume that just because and engine is rated at a certain HP, then that must be what it produces. I can put an H22 in a car and claim it to be a 150HP engine, or a 210HP engine. Neither number changes the actual output of the engine. The only HP number that really matters is what makes it to the wheels. The TL-S is laying down around 250-260WHP which realistically puts it much closer to 300HP. In fact, in some cases, it has layed down more HP on the dyno than the G35 coupe with the VQ35HR AND the 350Z with the same engine.

250-260 to the wheels is about 100hp higher than a base h22 to the wheels as per the quoted 'underrating' of the tl-s. I haven't studied it I Was basing off this^ quote.
    but that quote is in refernce to the 07 08 TL-S. The 01 to 06 are J32 and rated at 260 from the factory which is what the quote you supplied was referencing. The 07 08 IS rated at 300 from the factory

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
      I would love to hear that sound though...Cant deny that it would possibly be the best sounding CB in the world...
      It would sound just like this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p64BZVk3Fus&feature=related
      DEVOTE

Comment

I was reading off of this:

Honestly, the J35 in the TL-S is under rated. People always assume that just because and engine is rated at a certain HP, then that must be what it produces. I can put an H22 in a car and claim it to be a 150HP engine, or a 210HP engine. Neither number changes the actual output of the engine. The only HP number that really matters is what makes it to the wheels. The TL-S is laying down around 250-260WHP which realistically puts it much closer to 300HP. In fact, in some cases, it has layed down more HP on the dyno than the G35 coupe with the VQ35HR AND the 350Z with the same engine.

250-260 to the wheels is about 100hp higher than a base h22 to the wheels as per the quoted 'underrating' of the tl-s. I haven't studied it I Was basing off this^ quote.

I am not even sure what you are getting at with this. But yes, the 07-08 TL-S is about 100HP stronger than the H22. The H22 was pretty accurately rated at 190-200. The TL-S is under rated at 286. The new Accord V6 6 speed coupe is even more ridiculously underrated at 268HP (it puts almost that amount to the wheels).
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords
          but that quote is in refernce to the 07 08 TL-S. The 01 to 06 are J32 and rated at 260 from the factory which is what the quote you supplied was referencing. The 07 08 IS rated at 300 from the factory

The 07-08 TL-S is NOT rated at 300HP. It is "rated" at 286. That would imply a WHP value of 251WHP IF a 12% loss occurs. Most likely with the LSD, it is closer to 15% so we would expect to see WHP values of approximately 240WHP. In actuallity though, it is putting down 255-260WHP, which would put the crank rating very very close to 300 crank HP. That means it is UNDER rated by about 15HP.

The J32 in the 2nd gen TL-S usually dynos in the 220-230 range, and the J32 in the 3rd gen base TL dynos a little stronger. Oddly, a STOCK J30A4 from an 03-05 Accord V6 dynos pretty much identically to the J32 in the TL-S even though it will run on 87 octane, and has .2L less displacement. They are underrated also. Real HP was closer to 260 instead of the 240 they were rated at. The new Accord V6 6 speed is the same way. Most dynos I have seen so far put it in the 250WHP range, and within spitting distance of the 07-08 TL-S (usually about 3-5WHP). That would be consistent with about 290HP at the crank, NOT 268, even though 268 is what Honda claims.

In a way it is bad, because people look at specs and say "oh, it doesn't have as much power." Whereas it actually does. It is good in a way though, because they under promise and over deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

and if i do this swap im gonna make it sound like this...pure sex comming from a car
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSflFi272V4

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

YES DUDE. FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

And speedy, chill out dood.

Comment

so to say all that and still wonder about my statement? your h22 rating is to the wheels then? b.c I thought I've seen plenty of h22's here making way less and to the wheels yes it's near 100hp higher at least compared to the usdm h22's so what's the problem?
                I am not sure what the problem is, or why you keep trying to bring something up.

You are trying to disagree on something I have already covered, and to top it off, you aren't making any sense while doing it.

I already said that the H22 is rated at 190-200 AT THE CRANK. Not sure what part of that is hard to understand for you. That translates to 160-170 WHP. Again, not sure what is so hard to understand. This is well documented. Hundreds of dyno pulls confirm this. I have NEVER claimed otherwise, so what are you getting at?

A J series will make anywhere from 150-250WHP in stock form, so it can be anywhere from 10WHP weaker, to 90WHP stronger. Not sure what is hard to understand about that either. The newer, larger ones are the strongest.

My original point (that you may or may not be trying to pick on, and it would help if you actually used the quote function properly, as that might be why you aren't making any sense), was that for what it will cost to custom fab everything for a J series swap, you COULD have an H22 that puts out similar power. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that either. It isn't like a J series is just going to bolt itself in, whereas an H22 will. It also isn't like it is hard to build an H series. Tons of parts availability, and knowhow. The J series? Not so much.

As far as this perpetuating "arguement" about which one is stronger, that should be blatantly obvious for 2 reasons.

1) The J series is larger displacement, and has more cylinders.

2) The H22 was designed in the 1980's, while the J series technology is 10-15 years newer.

I have already said repeatedly, that the J series is stronger IN STOCK FORM, and yet you keep trying to bring something up as if to catch me in a lie.

Comment

So who has made the first move... I have just read all 15 pages and no-one has forked over the cash to even get a tranny or engine. If my quarters werent so rotten I would do it. But my car is just rusting apart. I am really thinking about buying a 05-07 v6 coupe now that I dont have a car payment on my 2k contour svt. I have 4 cars, svt, 92 chevy 4x4, 80 k20 chevy 4x4, and a 91 cb7 coupe, and wouldnt you know it my accord is still my favorite to drive! I wish it wasnt rusting away I WOULD v6 swap for sure.
                  I bet if someone does it and does a diy on it, it really wouldnt be that bad for others. WE JUST NEED A PIONEER TO LEAD THE WAY, WHO WANTS TO BE THE GINNY PIG, mabey we should start a fund for someone with the knowledge to do it......

I would love to see a diy on this.... JUST SAYING

Comment

Okay, So I've been thinking.
                    At the Auction by my house, the TL/CL or whatevers, go for like 2000$ wrecked....
                    Is that where I need to start? I'm thinking of getting just a crapped out CB to do this with, dont really have rust problems up here so that isnt a real concern......
                    Anywho, So which ECU? and I'm not concerned with custom mounting even a little bit, it is just the linkage for the tranny that concerns me...

PS:
                    Anyone notice that ss deleted all his posts?

Comment

just sourced a 3.0 L Honda Accord motor for $500, I am going to keep looking for the 3.5L 2008 Accord motor.

I am contemplating whether to go with the automatic or the manual transmission. The 2004+ auto would be so chillin' ..and a whole lot cheaper.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Autos are chillin either way...
                        But for the Mash out factor, Manuals work better imho lol..

Comment

Auto trans is larger. Keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

just sourced a 3.0 L Honda Accord motor for $500, I am going to keep looking for the 3.5L 2008 Accord motor.

I am contemplating whether to go with the automatic or the manual transmission. The 2004+ auto would be so chillin' ..and a whole lot cheaper.
                            Seriously,

Find a decent machine shop,

Link the K-series 5spd tranny to the J30A.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have officialy decided to do this swap...Iv seen j32a2 go for under 1000 for motor and tranny.

I bet I could have the swap done for under 3500...I will be doing ALL the labor myself...Im so fuc***g hyped.I read thru the whole thread now but still need answeres to the question about the axles and the wheel bearings and that...

I might have it dont this summer...If I make enough hours at work...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                                I have officialy decided to do this swap...Iv seen j32a2 go for under 1000 for motor and tranny.

I bet I could have the swap done for under 3500...I will be doing ALL the labor myself...Im so fuc***g hyped.I read thru the whole thread now but still need answeres to the question about the axles and the wheel bearings and that...

I might have it dont this summer...If I make enough hours at work...
                                keep the original wheel bearings, and get custom axels ground...done and done. It should be a relatively cheap task at any local shop. I would guess about 100CAD per axle.
                                DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                                X