CB7 V6 Swap Parts List & Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92accord803
    what i would like to know is who took this picture and where was it taken so i can find out who did that swap...
    check the Honda Tech threads.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1741656&page=1
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite
      Has anyone heard of a swap from a I4 6th gen Accord to a V6 J30(from the same generation)? The only reason I ask is that it may equate to the J fitting into the CB7 since the F23 can be swapped. As far as I know, concerning 6th gens, the V6 can't be swapped into the I4 models because their engine bays are smaller. Just a thought/bump.
      6th gen (1998-2002) engine bays are the same regardless of engine. In fact, the bay seems to have been prepped for either engine from the factory, i.e. the subframes etc have been drilled for both.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well taking the time to read this entire thread i have came to the conclusion of this...

I am willing to do this swap. regardless of cost. i mean im not gonna spend crazy cash on it but i think a 5-6k budget will do plenty. Im not the richest person so, it not happening quickly like a shop of great skill. but i am honestly gonna give it a shot.

here is my plan...
        -once i am back in s.c. i am gonna sell my EG civic hatch and other items of
        good value. start a fund to get it going strong.
        -find and purchace the J block and trans with harness and ecu.
        -find the shifter cables.
        -get a junk cb7 front clip to be my frankenstine.

since i am gonna be doing the swap mostly myself with some help, a/c and power steering wont be done just yet.

all this talk of it happening and well... the civic guys have beat us to it.
        whos next to say a Fit with a RDX swap.

if Dade county can ride on 30 inch rims on a flippin car a J block will and must go in a CB7.

Plain and simple.

oh, it gonna happen!!
        and you guys are gonna help make it happen. i dont ask of no money from yall, just some support and honest advice.
        92accord803

Comment

this is why i want to do it... try this link...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64BZ...eature=related
          92accord803

Comment

this is why i want to do it... try this link...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64BZ...eature=related
            lol...those are the Toronto guys I am in talks with to do this swap. Good stuff...apparently the electronics in the CB is very similar to that EG; and obviously there's more room in our engine bay.
            DEVOTE

Comment

dude i am honestly gonna make this swap happen because i heard how this car sounds, and how it moves and... WOW!!!!!!! i would love to be one of the first to have this swap in a CB7!!! i cant say the only because who knows there could be one already out there... but it not here on CB7tuner... so thats all that matters to me! I hope i get good support from this forum with this insane swap.
              92accord803

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                6th gen (1998-2002) engine bays are the same regardless of engine. In fact, the bay seems to have been prepped for either engine from the factory, i.e. the subframes etc have been drilled for both.
                This was what I was wondering. So if there's been a F23 swap into a CB7..
                ..Then the idea of the J series (at least from the 6th gen) doesn't seem that farfetched correct?

Or am I missing something?
                Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

farfetched... maybe... if most say so.

the J32 isnt to, farfetched, as most may think. lets look at the opions here.

keep an F series and boost it... roughly 2300+dollars for a professional and relaible tune with great hp.

Get an H series. good swap. easy. all motor build simple to do and get 210 at most

An H series Boosted... still easy to do. stock internals maybe 280 without cuttin close to blowing the damn thing. building that motor for worry free 300+hp costly 3000+ dollars

then...

J32. never been done. average of 200-250 hp stock some cases more. 6 cylinders!! 6 spd trans and in most cased LSD equiped. 6 clinders. already past the Hseries and Fseries stock, torque is gonna be insane with the weight of the CB7 and this power output. it shouldn't be any bigger than a H series and weight not to much more than an H as well. this engine cost anywhere from 2800 to 3200 depending on what site u buy from. that cheaper than an S2000 swap. axels id say maybe 1000 dollars custom. mounts one off custom made. numerous thngs to bolt on to it... superchargers... turbo... turbos... but that would be farfetched

i forgot to mention...

6 cylinders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VR6 Vdubz watch out!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by 92accord803; 03-20-2008, 08:46 PM.
                  92accord803

Comment

Considering an EX CB7 is about 400lbs LESS than the new V6 6 speed Accord coupe, and they are going to be capable of 13's stock, I would say a CB7 with this powertrain would be fun.

Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't mess around, and would go straight for the high revving J35s.

Comment

Considering an EX CB7 is about 400lbs LESS than the new V6 6 speed Accord coupe, and they are going to be capable of 13's stock, I would say a CB7 with this powertrain would be fun.

Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't mess around, and would go straight for the high revving J35s.

i love this person right here!!!
                      i am buyin a J32 off line on the first of the month. I found the motor only for 900. i have to search and search hard to find the 6spd trans.
                      and best beleive updates will be posted as time gose on. I am so excited!
                      92accord803

Comment

i am buyin a J32 off line on the first of the month. I found the motor only for 900. i have to search and search hard to find the 6spd trans.
                        u Sir is kool. I can't wait to get this going...just have to wait until this semester is over.
                        DEVOTE

Comment

You are going to want to make 100% certain that whichever manual tranny you get is LSD equipped.

It will be worth the money. Trust me.

Comment

You are going to want to make 100% certain that whichever manual tranny you get is LSD equipped.

It will be worth the money. Trust me.
                            This is OT, but do the new Accord Coupe 6 Speeds have LSDs?

My brother just put in a purchase order for his Nighthawk Black Pearl 2008 Accord Coupe V6 6 speed. I can't wait to get to Texas to drive it.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                              This is OT, but do the new Accord Coupe 6 Speeds have LSDs?

My brother just put in a purchase order for his Nighthawk Black Pearl 2008 Accord Coupe V6 6 speed. I can't wait to get to Texas to drive it.

No, they do not. Really the only dynamic shortcoming though, as you are very limited in adding power in corners. They will stick to the tune of about .88G in a corner, but the power wastes the front wheels with the TCS and DSC off. An unfortunate byproduct of laying down TL-S HP with no LSD. I think they did it so that the Accord wouldn't tramp on the TL-S too much. Perhaps at the MMC they will change and put it in the Accord.

The tranny options would be the CL Type S 6 speed, or the 3rd gen TL or TL-S 6 speed trannies. The IDEAL solution is SUPPOSEDLY the new TL-S tranny as Acura made some claims that they recalibrated the differential, so that it wasn't so abrupt. I think it may be other factors that solved that problem though.

None of the Accord 6 speed trannies are LSD equipped.

Also, despite the fact that the J series engines are hugely available, the same can't be said of the 6 speed trannies unfortunately.

Comment

well i have alot of problems finding this trans and i dont know which one has LSD. So... could some one please tell me which one exactly. Thanx.
                                92accord803

Comment

Working...
                                X