???What Next???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???What Next???

Alright guys, I know, I JUST swapped in this JDM F22B DOHC, but I want more power. So I am looking for some suggestions. I am either going to boost my jdm f22b, and only push like 8psi, or I am going to go all motor and drop in a JDM H22. What do you guys think. Let me know.

This

Or

This

Thanks.
    JDM H22A
    61.54%
    Boost JDM F22b
    38.46%
    Last edited by 91accord1; 03-14-2007, 01:57 AM.
    5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

you just swapped it in, might as well keep it until it blows.

so turbo that bitch
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dont waste your time go n boost, just get the h22 its the best motor.
      if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

For the amount of money it would take to boost my jdm f22b, because I would be going with a Brand new setup, I could probly get an H22. How hard is it to swap in a H22?? As far as wiring, ecu, I think the motor mounts are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by japspecb7
          dont waste your time go n boost, just get the h22 its the best motor.
          Worst answer evar. Depends on your budget man. You can run a decent amount of boost with an f22b and have a pretty good setup. Plus buying all the extras for the f22b will net you about an h22a if not a bit more. Plus you will be quicker. D112 f22b NA with his own tune is quicker than a few h22a's. H22A are not the "ultimate" motors there are others out there for our chassis that work just as well.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lets see start with the h23 bottem end and put the JDM H22 Type s Head on the block that should give you good numbers
            da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

build your current motor, NA.

put the same amount you would waste on an h22 swap, you'll be faster than most h22's around.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i say keep the f22b since you already have it....like he said ^^^^^those motors have potential ....so boost it or build it all motor.
                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

91Accord1 I have the same problem. Got the JDM F22B and its definately a noticeable difference from the F22a4's we had, but more power is definately needed. Problems are turbo setup is expensive as well as risky as far as motor life. But I see D112 shit is runnin hard with his own personal tune so I was thinkin of doin a purchase. As far as performance goes, I would estimate H22a with LSD tranny is the same price as F22B with turbo setup as well as LSD which will be needed I think. Fuck it, I say try out D112 tune and if your still not satisfied, boost
                  FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                  Pm meX
                  I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                  H22A Swap
                  I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    build your current motor, NA.

put the same amount you would waste on an h22 swap, you'll be faster than most h22's around.
                    I was thinking of going all motor with the f22b. It is a pretty decent motor, it pulls pretty hard already and all I have done is intake and a header. Probly would be REAL nice with an upgraded valve train and cams. Hey d112crzy, I'm still looking for a chipped p06 for the f22b if ya have one.
                    Last edited by 91accord1; 03-20-2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know where I can go to get some decent street cams for the f22b?

Comment

delta.
                        crower(ithink?)

Comment

Well one of my buds has an H23 5spd tranny he'll sell me. Cuz I have the f22a tranny on there right now, and I'm not to happy with it. Would that be a good tranny to throw onto the f22b?? Would I gain a bit more tourqe??

Comment

you wont gain any power, at all.

you will accelerate faster though. and yes, it would be a great transmission to mate to your f22b. especially since it's pretty much the same ones that came with f22b's originally.

web cams, deltacams, crower, bisimoto all have cams for our motors. anything that fits on an h23 head, you can use on your f22b head.

I dont currently have an ecu. But I can chip one for you for cheap if you send me one.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The F22B is a good motor, and since the H23 aftermarket works for it, you have some choices. A stock H22 would make you want more power as well, so you might as well just stick to what you have! Turbo would probably be the most noticable bump in power, since you'll have the added torque (FI is really the only way to get noticable torque from Honda engines!)
                              Turbo adds more variables, though... More things that could potentially go wrong. Depending on what goes wrong, you could do some SERIOUS damage to the engine. Even a built motor is not immune to overboosting, overheating, and improper operation.

Comment

Working...
                              X