Just swapped....two problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just swapped....two problems!

just swapped my 90 ex 4dr auto to a 5spd and to a f22b dohc. No problems much, the car feels great. There is a CEL and its the TPS code, except im not sure it has one (dumb question) and where to get it or how much they run. Another question is the gauge clutser. I put in one from a 90 5spd and the numbers light up at nite, but the actual gauges don't. Anyone know why? Thanks for the help guys

yes it has a TPS sensor. you can go the the junkyard and snag the throttle body off a H23/F22 and use that throttle body or tps sensor(see link below about removing tps sensors). cant get them anywhere else unless you wanna buy the entire throttle body from honda for like 450-700. OR you can recalibrate/reset the current TPS sensor....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=TPS+sensor

good luck!!!
    Sean
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

WooHoo, i have my old f22a4 sitting in my apt, anyway i can use that TPS??

Comment

Originally posted by vmchurch
        WooHoo, i have my old f22a4 sitting in my apt, anyway i can use that TPS??
        i dont see why not! its a prefectly good TPS sensor right?
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

yea it is but does it bolt up the same way and have the same connector?

Comment

yes.

Comment

im so happy i could cry, thanks for the help! Any reason my gauges won't completely light up? I really don't think its a bulb, i switched them all with the ones from the auto that i knew were working.

Comment

im so happy i could cry, thanks for the help! Any reason my gauges won't completely light up? I really don't think its a bulb, i switched them all with the ones from the auto that i knew were working.
                so you switched the ones in the very top of the cluster? and maybe check allyour connections....

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Anyone have a clue as to how to get the TPS off the IM? THeres two screws but they aren't phillips or flat or 6-point so im kinda lost.

Comment

Anyone have a clue as to how to get the TPS off the IM? THeres two screws but they aren't phillips or flat or 6-point so im kinda lost.
                    i would swap the entire throttle body to be honest... its a lot easier... but if you really want to remove the TPS then you need a file or a dremel to make a spot for the screwdriver...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

make a slit in the screw using a saw or something and screw it out.
                      if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

OK, so i cahnged the TPS to the one from the old motor, thanks for the tip. The CEl is still on tho, and im sure the old one was fine (no CEL). Any thoughts why its still on?

Comment

It has to be set also, if the adjustment is too far out the sensor wont read the actual throttle position, therefore throw a CEL.
                          The write up explains how to do this, or you could take it to honda
                          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-11-2007, 10:13 PM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yea i just read that in the DIY section. All you do is slit the red wire, ground it and rotate the TPS to get ~.45V? What happens when you do get it, im assuming screw the dam thing back in. I rotated it the way it would fit to the TB.

Comment

Yea i just read that in the DIY section. All you do is slit the red wire, ground it and rotate the TPS to get ~.45V? What happens when you do get it, im assuming screw the dam thing back in. I rotated it the way it would fit to the TB.
                              Yep screw it back in, but keep an eye on the voltage when you do, they are very sensitive and sometimes the reading will change from accidently moving it as you screw it in

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X