No announcement yet.

i cant get it in the hole H23 tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm is it aligned??? im pretty sure, usually the teeth don't line up you have to force it in. Try doing this kick the shit out of it and force it in. only thing i can think of is hmm its not like an cv axle or anything with the ring. check how you put the clutch and flywheel in. It has to be installed like a star top diagnal down and etc.... check that and thats is usually the case but let me know.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

sorry to hear your having problems mate. I must be a lucky SOB cause my trans and motor joined together like they were having sex. It took no effort and I assumed it was messed up cause it didnt get me any resistance. Its been 5k miles since and I still drive like I am gonna have a problem when I know it should be fine now.
      WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
        ...I must be a lucky SOB cause my trans and motor joined together like they were having sex. It took no effort and I assumed it was messed up cause it didnt get me any resistance...
        maybe i need some lube.
        ]

Comment

i think its in... lol like having sex for the first time.

i lifted it up and had my roomate put it on a skateboard then i put my back against a pole and pushed with my feet on the tranny while he wiggle the bitcvh back and forth and then i felt this tingly sensation and it slid in

oh here was my problem.

those stupid alignment bolt holes with the metal rings in them were on my block and my tranny making it not go in, so i took them out, but i didnt realize one was missing, so it was hard ot stay in so i put that in and it just went in. however im still having trouble getting the rear mount to line up. back to the cb7 batman!
          ]

Comment

glad to hear you got it in, but those pins help keep it straight, and keep the stress off of the bolts, there is the chance you will bend the bolts when you shift hard, you might wanna try putting those back in, at least 2 of them
            New cb, new start

Comment

Originally posted by 91h22cb7lx
              glad to hear you got it in, but those pins help keep it straight, and keep the stress off of the bolts, there is the chance you will bend the bolts when you shift hard, you might wanna try putting those back in, at least 2 of them
              yeah i put them in at first theyre were some in the blcock and some in the tranny then none at all then i put them in right finally!

its going good so far got the halfshaft out the tranny is in and bolted although one bolt is too long???

anyways i got a LOT of work to do i still have to put the suspension back and stuff so im still working hard its tiring as hell she should be running tonight im stoked!
              ]

Comment

good luck bro ill be starting my h23 tranny swap tonight and hopefully be done with it tomorrow but i have help me and my buddy TN_Accords can pull a motor out of a CB7 in just over an hour if we really wanted too but since we are taking are time it will probably take about 2 hours to pull then im going to clean the block and tranny and paint them let it dry over night and start reinstalling in the morning

Comment

ok thing i had trouble with is there is a doulbe threaded screw on both trannys for the motor mount. and on my h23 tranny it was in a diff location, i tried to unscrew it but fucked the threads on it so i cut it off.

if this happens to u i used a rag and removed the bolt from f22tranny and put it in the h23 tranny. youll see waht im talking about, its where the motor mount bolts down on.
                  ]

Comment

even though my tranny wasnt an h23 tranny it did have the stud in the preludes location we simply drilled the other spot, tapped it and used a grade 8 bolt. and sorry to hear your having so many problems but dont give up. im still trying to get everything back together right on mine and even though i am running i have few problems

Comment

Working...
                    X