h22a long block swap questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a long block swap questions?

hey guys, just looked up on www.hmotorsonline.com and found out that i could buy an h22a long block for 1,200. im curious on what else i will need to get that in. Since it doesnt come with an ecu i kinda figured i will need to get that. i know the trannies hook up without any problems. ummm does the alternator,a/c, power steering hook up without any problems or will i need to find h22a brackets also. will i need to find h22a motor mounts or can i use my f22a6 motor mounts? if im missing anything, please tell me! keep in mind i just want the car running good, if i need to sacrifice power steering or something like that ill have to think about it. if i dont need to buy these lil things that keep adding up ill buy that long block in an instant! thanks!

Michalob's CB7

Not to kill your dreams bro i would rather save up for the whole swap. Its worth it im sure youve heard about people who have the longblock and dont really end up being all that fast as with soemone with the whole swap.

Im not sure steve has been known to ship people without certain small things when it comes to swaps like for me my shit aint come with the prelude distributor and stuff liek that so just be careful. Id just get the whole swap man really......really.

Ohyeah almost forgot in order for something to run right you have to have all if not most of what came with that car its when you mix and match instead of gettin what belongs there your car will be like nope fix me. Youll have to sacrifice power steering until you can modify the metall bracket reaching like.

I say keep it off youll only have problems when parking or makin u-turns. Look at it this was youll have no torque steer. If thats a problem with parkin move while your parking it makes it a little easier just dont park while the wheels are still. Plus it gives muscles

Comment

how would someone with a complete changover and a person with a longblock be so much different? its same engine. almost the same componenets (p/s , a/c, etc...) and well different tranny. that would be the most power thieving thing that can possibly throw it off. longblocks comes with pretty much everything for the engine to run. if i got the complete changeover i would have plenty of parts left over (f22a6 engine, tranny, ecu, prelude axles, not including parts that arent swappable between engines either.) So id have plenty of parts ot get rid of somehow? lol. as if anyone wanted to buy a old beat up f22a6. so ya get me piont?

i was gonna see if i could get that long block for about 1,200 and then shop around for a p13? ecu. i beleive thats the h22a ecu. then get the power steering pump, a/c pump and all the lines needed. ive read around and people who have done the swap, said that is the only things ya will need from a h22a. the rest i have connected to my accord now.

so i dunno. was just kinda doing my homework. seeing what cards i should play next and what i would be getting myself into with different ideas.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

A long block should come with everything you need except the ECU. I think you can get the ECU from Hmotorsonline for an extra 100 bucks or so.

The only downside is you'd have to reuse your old transmission which may or may not be a good thing.

Sometimes finding an H22A transmission alone can be a very hard thing to do, esspecially cheap. Sometimes it's worth it to just get the complete swap.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yeah and most of the time places found for a tranny aint cheap and 9xtimes outta ten they arent in mint condition. remember that tranny wasnt designed for that motor.

Comment

Working...
          X