F22B or H22A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B or H22A?

Went to japanstar today and there already giving me a deal with the H22a installed with 3 month warrany for $2400, But they also offerd me F22B for $1000 installed. I dont know much about the F22B but im thinkin i should do H22 still but he said the F22b is more reliable. Whats the pros and cons between these engines?

i regret my f22b...

i should have got the real deal 22
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Re: F22B or H22A?

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
      but he said the F22b is more reliable.
      Just for that comment alone I would go somewhere else. The F22B is no more or less reliable then an H22A, actually I would even go out on a limb and say it where less reliable.

Now maybe a poorly installed F22B will be more reliable then a poorly installed H22A but that only speaks wonders about the shop now doesn't it.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I geuss he meant more reliable as in more economical, anyways i was there and they had my same accord with a h22 just installed and that gave me some confidence in this shop .

Comment

anyone can put an h22 into an accord, even fizz did it.. j/k

but does it run correctly... is what you should be after.

i never regret doin my f22b, it has been a blast. beast 500 dollars ive spent. for sure....

still turn heads on all the ricers, trying to tell me there isnt such thing as an f22b
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

$2400 is what I paid for my engine shipped TO the shop... Installation was an extra $1750

If you can get that deal, it's a great price... However, Busted has a major point in mentioning the quality of the work. If the shop doesn't know what's up, it can be more trouble than it's worth. I overpaid for my swap (labor wise) but I have a perfect install. Not a single problem. I also bought my engine from a reputable dealer.

Not saying you can't get a sweet deal like that, but remember, you often get what you pay for. Do your research and background checks before committing to anything.

Comment

If i were you id do it myself. When you swap your engine dont take it to the shop they are gonna charge you badly. Do it yourself by takin the old engine out that should be enough practice for you.

Then you can do reverse of removale by installin it. Then after that youll have saved some money for some bitchin mods and some spare change left over for maintenance. I had spent 2250 for swap,300 for clutch 854 for quaife lsd,throwout bearing went casue of shop another 70 bucks from the fucked up shop and they charged me 250 to put it back in.

Then when they did put it back it my tranny was leakin casue they didnt put in the washer pun that goes onto the axle another 85 to put on by another shop piece of cotterpin was 35 bucks plus oil. If id have known what the fuck iw as gettin into I would have never takin my car to that god forsaken shop thankgod they are outta business now.

Being a shady shop someone sooner or later will bite that ass back in the end for fuckin up their customers cars you feel me so do it yourself I warned you. Do it yourself have have someone like me help you with your swap. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X