h22 head on f20a block!!??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 head on f20a block!!??????????

Is it possible for a h22 head to fit directly on a f20a block. i figured since the head can fit on a h23, then it could probly fit on a f20a block?? please if some one knows or attemp this please give me some feed back

taken from a sirch

"the f22b head fits on the f20a block fine. h23 head is similar but needs a little hondabonding. "

so i would assume that the h22 head fits on the f20a block...

h22 and f22b are almost the same except vtec correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 01-25-2007, 08:11 PM.
    ]

Comment

Uhhh...no. F22B is NOTHING like the H22 head. F22B = H23.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I would assume that the f20 block is not much different than the f22 block(besides the obvious)

the h22 head fits on the f22 head with modification, so it should fit on the f20a with modification too.

you'd pretty much be creating an f20b dohc.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          I would assume that the f20 block is not much different than the f22 block(besides the obvious)

the h22 head fits on the f22 head with modification, so it should fit on the f20a with modification too.

you'd pretty much be creating an f20b dohc.
          except compression would be much different...
          ]

Comment

yup.

but tuning would probably make it as good as the auto f20b.

essentially, the combo would be as good as an f22/h23+tuning, with less tq but more hp.

Comment

so it would fit juss with mods?would it b something major or something simple!???

Comment

i duno, try searching once in a while. it never hurt me.

Comment

yup.

but tuning would probably make it as good as the auto f20b.

essentially, the combo would be as good as an f22/h23+tuning, with less tq but more hp.
                  but with VTEC! might make a good boostable motor, i dunno how high you could rev it hmm this sounds interesting.
                  ]

Comment

it would be a sick combo only if you could get all the parts needed for less than 1k. I mean, an h22 costs more than that, and the f20b costs even more. if you can get everything, plus a few performance parts(preferably pistons ) for cheaper than a full h22 swap, that would be pretty sweet.

and yes, it would make for a good boost engine, as long as it wasnt revved like crazy every day.

with these franks, you gota make sure to tune, especially the timing and to not rev the hell out of them.

Comment

i did justdidnt find the answers to my questions..........

Comment

Originally posted by goodfellayung'n
                        i did justdidnt find the answers to my questions..........
                        it should fit, you should find out for us and then make the cover of honda tuning magazine!
                        ]

Comment

search outside of cb7tuner.

believe it or not, honda-tech actually has tech, just you gota search for it(archives mostly)

google is your friend. the information IS out there. and if it isnt, then find out for yourself and use your common sens and imagination.

Comment

just remember that when it comes to doing a frank you need to make sure all the pulleys have the correct number of teeth and correct size of teeth... that is one of the biggest things about them... i read alot about guys that just slap them together and slip a belt and have to redo the head or they dent a piston... yada yada yada... just an observation ive noticed...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

search outside of cb7tuner.

you can search outside of cb7tuner? no way!??
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X