What Do I Need For H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do I Need For H22

Alright guys who can help me out.... I have a 93 accord AUTOMATIC i'm gonna get an H22 and leave it automatic. What parts do i need specifically? Will I need the complete Engine or just the engine tranny and ecu? or what? Can anyone help me out?
    Daily Driver Cb7
    H&R sports springs, KYB Gr2 shock, Rebuilt F22a Head

05 civic Si Track Car/Weekend car
    G-Force Stage 3 clutch system, G-Force 12lbs Lightened Flywheel, Hayame Full Coilovers, Spc Camber Kit, Progress rear sway and Tie combo, J's racing rear strut bar, Neuspeed front strut bar, Aem V2 intake, DC header, Test pipe, 2.5 custom catback piping, Ctr Front lip, Ctr Wing, Double sided Carbon Fiber Hood, Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk, Nitrous Express 80 shot.

You'll need for sure the engine and engine ECU. Then if you want to replace the transmission you'll need that also and it would be a good idea to get the Preludes auto transmission computer.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

k

What else is there? Do i have to change my engine mounts? Axles? Wiring Harnesses?
      Daily Driver Cb7

G-Force Stage 3 clutch system, G-Force 12lbs Lightened Flywheel, Hayame Full Coilovers, Spc Camber Kit, Progress rear sway and Tie combo, J's racing rear strut bar, Neuspeed front strut bar, Aem V2 intake, DC header, Test pipe, 2.5 custom catback piping, Ctr Front lip, Ctr Wing, Double sided Carbon Fiber Hood, Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk, Nitrous Express 80 shot.

Comment

Re: k

Originally posted by Stealth Audio D
        What else is there? Do i have to change my engine mounts? Axles? Wiring Harnesses?
        You don't have to change the engine mounts but it's a good idea. You can reuse your Accord's axles. You'll also reuse your Accord engine harness just add the wires for Vtec, IAB, Knock, and etc. Nothing big. Not a bad idea to change as much maintance parts on the H as you can afford like the timeing belt, balencer blet, water pump, seals, plugs, and etc. just as much as you can. Changing parts on the H once it's installed if a real bitch. If you can do it outside do it.

Nothing much more to it.

Comment

wow how interesting

Reallie I didn't konw you can use the same wire harness so, i shouldn't buy a whole complete change over then correct?
          Daily Driver Cb7

Comment

Well you don't need the transmission so all you would have to buy is the long block and ECU. You can get that off like hmotorsonline.

Comment

just a quick question...don't mean to throw off the discussion...but do the balancer shafts which is what I assume the balancer belts attach too....do they need to be hooked up on the H22 swapped into an Accord? Could u do without and therefore run more efficiently, maybe gain some power?
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The Balancer belt is one belt that attaches the front and rear balance shafts to the crank. Without the balance shafts the engine would be out of balance It will run but be very rough like jerky and you would greatly shorten engine life.

Comment

wow..

Wow ur alota help what the hell is the shaft you guys are talking about??
                  Daily Driver Cb7

Comment

Re: wow..

Originally posted by Stealth Audio D
                    Wow ur alota help what the hell is the shaft you guys are talking about??
                    It's under the timing belt cover, It's just another part of the engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X