X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the differences between auto and manual motors

hey are there any differences between the auto f22a4 motor and the manual
    f22a4 motor. i was asking cause my motor blow a few days before xmas
    so a shop that my dads knows is doing the swap. we are putting the auto f22a4 in the the manual car (just the motor)

are there any things that need to be changed like the throttle body, distributor...if there is any thing else the needs to be changed let me know.

and all you guys are thinking why don't you just buy any h22 and swap it in
    i would but i do not have enough money for the swap yet but maybe in the
    summer

please help me thanks
    H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

well if you plan on doing the h22 soon, i'd bank the money and do the f22 swap myself. unless you got a good price on from the shop doing it. otherwise the money you spend on the f22, could go towards the h22. secondly, the auto and manual motor-wise, should be the same. i have heard debates about the throttle body begining a little smaller auto cars. i believe i heard the jdm's are all same tb size. its the ecu/tcu programmed a little differently though. don't quote me on this though.
    91 Ex CB9
    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
    Weight Reductions
    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Borrow money. GET A PEDAL BIKE YOU KNOW TX DONT GET COLD haha jk jk. But do it yourself. The difference is a bit of wiring and shift linkages and such. I mean if you want to retain the auto you still can with the manual motor just need to transfer the flexplate or whatever its called to the manual one (unbolt the flywheel) and bam your set. If you want to do the auto-manual gonna have to read up the sticky they got here since it basically has most of the stuff you need on there and such.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
      X