H22 motor onto f22 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 motor onto f22 tranny

yeah im sure a few of you will just say swap the tranny. but i might get just the motor.

could i swap the motor on the f22tranny? also my car is an auto. is there anything i need to do to keep it a auto if the h22 is coming out of a 5spd?

yeah i know people are going to say just swap it to a 5spd. but i dont have that kind of money. and your gonna say "you can buy an h22 but you dont have the money for a tranny swap too?"

well the motor ill be getting is gonna be about $400-500.

no flaming please

You need to take off the flywheel/clutch assembly if its still on the motor. Put on that lil metal plate deal forgot the proper term for it and the rest should go on as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

to be honest, i like the f22 tranny on my h really well... its recommended especially if your going boost to use the f22 tranny anyhow because of its taller gears... but you have an AUTO so i dont know if there is any "benefit" to using the f22 tranny over the h22 trany. As far as fitment, it should bolt right up like the 5 speed would.

Comment

I hate the f22 tranny on the f20b, to high geared for me.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

yeah the f22 tranny is pretty high geared, and i too hate it on my h22, but i will soon replace it with and h series tranny
          Last edited by blackcb7; 12-22-2006, 06:48 PM.
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
            yeah the h22 tranny is pretty high geared, and i too hate it on my h22, but i will soon replace it with and h series tranny
            bwuahahaha you pwned your self.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              bwuahahaha you pwned your self.
              hahahaha, i did, but i meant the f22 tranny, my bad
              Members Ride

Comment

i know

Comment

I enjoyed the f22 tranny, second gear was the best I could hold that mofo for sooooooooo long until having to put it in third. It would fall out of vtec everytime i shifted for a split second but i dealt with it...Now that I got my h22 tranny WOW I love it so much more... Revs really high on the highway but stays quiet none the less. There is no comparison between the two trannys though...If you are going n/a h22 tranny all the way
                  I look...You look
                  I rev...You rev
                  I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

^
                    ^
                    ^
                    thanx. i plan on going n/a anyway. i dont think i see boost in my near future unless i get a 5spd. but ill stay with the h22 tranny swap. whats the fastest yall have been with an h22 tranny?

Comment

144mph h23 geared out at 7200. Thats to my calculations since i hit 7200rpm in 5th. Wouldnt recommend doing it. Anyway yea its gonna be geared a lot closer than the F. I had an F didnt really like it but got me some bad ass gas mileage.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wont he have to change the ECU since his car is auto and the engine came out of a 5 speed? because im pretty sure u cant use the Accord ECU on a Prelude engine. (someone feel free to correct me.)
                        Originally posted by deevergote.
                        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

yea he will either have to get a chipped ecu or a p13 made for an auto i reccomend going chipped cause you can tune it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

good point about the tuning thing. looks like i wont be doing this swap til i got a lil bit more money in my pocket. lol

Comment

Yeah I definetely under estimated the cost of my swap and well it was close in the end but i managed...From personal experience over estimate the swap and plan for the unexpected...
                              I look...You look
                              I rev...You rev
                              I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Working...
                              X