h22a sir motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a sir motor

I talked to the alternative motorsports and they can get me a 97-01 prelude sir h22a for $4650 for everything including a new clutch and installation. That is the blue top sir motor from japan only with 220hp and 163tq i have that much saved and think i'll get it but what do you think? it is not the ATTS tranny but comes with the lsd tranny. i know the ATTS is not a good idea and that is the type s prelude with the red top. is it worth the extra to get the newer motor with 20 more hp
    JDM H22a
    P2T4 tranny
    I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
    custom short throw shifter
    Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
    Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
    Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

if $$$ ain't an issue, why not.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

The only downside to that motor is OBDII. If you don't mind working with that, or converting to OBDI, then go for it! I paid about that much for the motor and installation of my regular H22A, and I didn't get anything brand new on it (except for a $135 knock sensor that I didn't need to pay for... stupid mechanics...)

Comment

the money is not an issue because i graduate high school this month and i sent out a bunch of announcements to family and friends and my brother got $900 last year from graduating and is should get that much because i sent to the same people. my b-day was friday (woo woo 18 years old) and i still have money coming in the mail for that one. i am going up to check out the shop tomarrow and hopefully everything will be in order and motor will be ordered soon.
        JDM H22a
        P2T4 tranny
        16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
        nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

fizz your right the f20b was out of an sir but it was the accord sir and the bluetop h22a was out of a 97-01 prelude sir spec s. do a google search and you'll find numerous sources that show that. That motor did have a blue top on it as well. i am going up today to talk to them in person and look at the shop though. the difference being in the valve cover and the transmission because the type s had atts and the sir spec s had lsd
          JDM H22a
          P2T4 tranny
          16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
          nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

Working...
          X