F22b Head on F22a Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b Head on F22a Block

Ok i could get a f22b vtec head from a 95 accord (OBD1) for 30 bucks. im wondering if i could install it on my block. im also going to get a f22a6 i/m. im doing this for my furture turbo build. any suggestions?

also i did research, but the threads were not related to this topic.
    Last edited by quickangel93; 11-30-2006, 11:09 PM.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

search harder .

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=head
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

And the A6 IM most likely wont fit because the ports are different. IF that is what your planning to do with the a6 IM.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A6 manifold will not fit.

Port design on f22b1 head really sucks. VTEC on this one is single intake valve disabling type only. Economy oriented.

I had one of these heads lying around and I took a drunk piss on it at the last summer house party. It was thrown out the next week.

Not worth it unless you are actually being paid to do this on your own car, and even then I wouldn't do it unless it was like $500.

Use an F22B/H23 head instead

Comment

It will work. i thought about this at least 4yrs ago. headgasket will work. the a6 manifold will work but you will have to do some cutting for the intake gasket. the ports do match up. i would go to autozone, napa or etc and take a look at the intake manifold gaskets for the f22a6 and the f22b and go from there. aswell as the headgasket. this makes things lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            A6 manifold will not fit.

Port design on f22b1 head really sucks. VTEC on this one is single intake valve disabling type only. Economy oriented.

I had one of these heads lying around and I took a drunk piss on it at the last summer house party. It was thrown out the next week.

Not worth it unless you are actually being paid to do this on your own car, and even then I wouldn't do it unless it was like $500.

Use an F22B/H23 head instead

yeah, larry is right. it will fit. Someone on accordinglydone swapped an h23 mani onto thier F22b1, so it only makes sense that an f22a6 would work as well. Port SIZING might be different, and you would most likely have to make a custom water pipe and EGR, but the manifold would fit on the head fine.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Yea it will, or you can go with the f23 intake manifold with the h22 tb that will work too. I did the b1 swap but I haven't yet drove my car but tomorrow I will got some problems I got to work out!
              99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Wait wait wait guys I thought the f22a6 and the f22b1 had comepletly differant port spacing like so. F22b1 [0 00 0] F22A6 [0000].
                How can you make that work.

Comment

there seems to be some confusion here.

Nail05 was wrong in saying the IM wont fit.

I hope Justin was talking about the exhaust manifold, not the intake manifold.

the head will bolt right up, as will the h23 or a6 intake manifold.

the h23/f22ax exhaust manifolds will NOT fit, period.

here's a DIY on an h23 IM swap onto the f22b1 head.
                  http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ad.php?t=11176

but as doc said, its kinda pointless to do this swap. you're better off taking your current head off and sending it in to get worked on. It will flow much better than that vtec head would, stock of course.

also, if you have the f22a6 or even a4, you wont really notice much of a difference with just the head.
                  better gains can be had with an h23 mani swap and tuning.

but i guess for 30 dollars you cant beat it. especially since you have the a1 right now. I suggest you use the h23 IM, its better than the a6.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                  X