Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

f20a dohc swap connector problem (PICS!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20a dohc swap connector problem (PICS!!!!)

alright guys i just finished my f20a dohc swap today and i was just pluging in all of the connectors but when i got to the 3 big main plugs near the fuse box one of the plugs dont fit together, im using the jdm wiring harness and i have a 5 speed lx and the jdm harness on the engine is from a automatic so it has a couple extra plugs and wires i dont need. but im stuck on what to do? can anybody tell me what wires to put together and shit cause the wire colors and pin locations dont match up heres some pics....

these are the 2 that wont go together but are supposed to the plugs are slightyly different sizes and the wires dont match at all

heres the female plug:

and the male plug:

and heres a couple of drawings/wire maps/diagrams ive drawn out to show the wire colors and locations that dont match and shit:
    the male:

the female:

and heres the key:

shoulda used the usdm wire harness... thats all i can say.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Use your f22a harness, most people would love to usse the jdm harnesses but its just not practical
      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
      Pm meX
      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

take a pair of pliers and then clip on to white piece and pull it out then plug in the connectors. It works on JDM integras and civics with jdm harness to usdm so it should work the same i think with the f series
        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah
          take a pair of pliers and then clip on to white piece and pull it out then plug in the connectors. It works on JDM integras and civics with jdm harness to usdm so it should work the same i think with the f series

ummmm i dont think so......

if thats what you meant i dont think it would work. Maybe on teggys and civics but from those pics it looks as if even if it were to plug up he would have the wrong color combos and it would either not work or result in a fire which wouldnt be good.

I could be terribly wrong but i think the USDM harness was to be used here

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
            ummmm i dont think so......

if thats what you meant i dont think it would work. Maybe on teggys and civics but from those pics it looks as if even if it were to plug up he would have the wrong color combos and it would either not work or result in a fire which wouldnt be good.

I could be terribly wrong but i think the USDM harness was to be used here
            it works in civic and integras LOL from either non vtec or vtec it works. But then from a cb7 point of view i would have used the harness from the stock motor.
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

use your original harness and next time you swap read more cause it states to use your old harness when converting to usdm
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Working...
              X