F23 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23 swap

I recently bought a 92 accord auto and looking to swap in a f23. This car is going to be a DD, so hp is not important. I just want something that has low mileage.

My question is what parts do i need to do this swap?

I've searched but didnt find anything on here about this swap. I want to keep it auto aswell. Sorry for the noob question i'm still new to cb's.
    Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Here is a list of the engines that you can install in your cb7 that i know of
    (non vtec) F22 DOHC , F20A DOHC, H23 DOHC (same as the f22 dohc its just the USDM version)

Now the VTEC ones
    H22 DOHC vtec, h23 DOHC vtec, F20B DOHC vtec, and the F22B1 Sohc vtec (off a 94-97 accord)

i think the f23 is from a 2000 accord which mean it might be more difficult to put that engine in since its newer i mean if you want to keep it as a daily driver and still have more balls than your stock engine then get the JDM F22b DOHC its non vtec and it comes out a the jdm prelude in japan plus it bolts right up also you can get a DOHC f20a which came out of the jdm 90-93 accord and plus those engines are cheap and easy to install PLUS if you ever decide to go turbo those are the perfect engines for turbo just do your research before you plan on doing that

Now if you want an engine with low miles and some balls then get the H22 alot of people have it on there cb7s here some of them auto and i think i heard a guy with an auto h22 that his car chirps in second gear and thats cool for an auto but i mean im helping you out since i dont think you serached yet but anyways

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I would go w/ a f22b1, but it'll be hard to find 1 w/ low mileage. Thats why i chose the f23.

What makes the f23 difficult for a cb7?

Btw i've searched but found nothing on installing a f23.

Comment

the f23 your talking about is from the 2000 accord right??

well it might not be difficult but i think its OBD2 so your going to have to convert it to OBD1 when installing it

have you checked online and call up some shoops to see if they have that engine
        i remember ther was this wherehouse that sold JDM engines and they had a f22b1
        what are you realling looking to gain here besides low miles??? by the looks of it you want vtec right

"2SIIC"

Comment

Doesnt have to have vtec. Just want something for DD, i'm going to be putting alot of mileage on it. So hp/tq isnt really important. I called a few places around me and they told me they dont sell f22b1 motors. Told me to go to the junkyard. So thats why i chose the f23 b/c more than likely they'll have low mileage. Yeah out of a 2k accord...i want motor & tranny.

What do i have to do to change the motor to obd1?

Comment

well you can get that f22 DOHC for like 600 bucks man i mean your better off getting an engine from japan cause they all come with low mileage

i think all you have to do to convert it to obd1 is changing the distibutor and something about fuel injectors let me search it real quick and ill post it up here

"2SIIC"

Comment

ok here it is it also might have some info about your f23 swap just check it out there a bunch of info there on

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=5423

"2SIIC"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

more possible swaps

check this out it has some info other engines

"2SIIC"

Comment

The F23 works just have to convert it someone already has the swap. If you want an easy direct drop in the f22b DOHC would be the next cheapest and easiest thing to throw in.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I did a f23 swap, I got it to run but it just wont run right. DO NOT get this motor, theres so many differences. Two sensors have to be rewired, gas line extended, intake manifold has a coolant port that doesnt match up to any f22a intake manifold and if you reuse the f23 intake mani which is obd2'd the fuc out, the egr/plug is different, iacv is differnt throttle body, map is diff. etc. exhaust manifold ports are different, length is different. Best i got it to do was a burnout and strong pull up the block but it has big fast idle problem. it only revs regularover 3000 rpm. I put on both manifold and couldnt get it to work. I jsut took mine out and putting in a f22b dohc. I seen some poeple get the f22b1 obd1 to work but obd2 motors just dont work in cb7's unless its f20b and h22a because of the similarities. Chill
                      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                      Pm meX
                      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

dude i knew you were out there man i think i saw a pic of your engine and i think you were selling it no???? or was it someone else

"2SIIC"

Comment

you can get a f22b1 with low milage, you just have to look hard, i got 1 for 350 with tranny with 60k

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

dude hes better off getting the f22b DOHC since its cheaper and easier to find with low mileage

"2SIIC"

Comment

Thank i'll prolly stick with a a6/b1 with decent mileage.

Comment

Working...
                              X