No announcement yet.

My H22 came today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the actual sensors themselves are the same the difference is in where they are mounted. On 4th gen Preludes and Accords the map sensor should be located in the Vacum control box to the right of the throttle body.

On the 5th gen's I guess Honda decided to save money on vacum hose and mount the sensor directly to the throttle body rather then remotely.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

My H22 is running great. No complaints. I got a really good, strong engine. I guess the trick was getting an engine mated to an Automatic. I tell you that thing looked brand new when I opened it up. Runs like it to.

Comment

USDM H23A 5-Speed with an Exedy "Racing" clutch, basiclly an Exedy stage 2. I got it all for free from my brothers friend so I can't complain. The clutch was 1K miles old when the H23A blew and supposibly the transmission was shot and had bad syncro's on third and fifth but it just had the dirtiest oil on earth in it. They never maintanced it. I've flushed it a few times already and it runs great, just have some trouble putting it into third sometimes (like it jumps back out) but I think it's my Short shifter not giving it enough throw. I'm going to remedy that soon.

Other then that it's a wonderful transmission does the standard Honda 3rd gear syncro grind at redline but I think that's the clutches inability to slow the tranmission down enough. I've never owned a Honda 5-Speed that didn't do it. Next transmission fluid change I'm doing is going to be with some GM Syncromesh manual tranmission fluid, It's $7 a quart but I only need two and have heard great things. I currently use 1.75 quarts of Exxon Superflo 10w-30 with .25 quarts Lucas oil stabilizer (pre-assembly lube) and that really works out great.

Comment

Working...
        X