h22 Trouble with Rear engine mount bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 Trouble with Rear engine mount bracket

I'm almost finish the h22 swap and need to bolt in all the engine mount, the 2 side fit ok, the front I use the F22a bracket and dog bone. But the back mount will not fit on the H22 rear engine bracket. I read on most 4th gen swap that the H22 rear bracket should work with the F22A rear mount, and I never heard anyone having this problem.????

I have sold my old F22A engine and no longer have any part to rob from it, DO I need to use an F22A rear engine bracket to make this work?? IF so Am I the first to have this problem??

ANy 1 got an F22A rear bracket for sale???

ps. it an 1990 lx automatic
    Last edited by blazen_accord; 04-24-2004, 08:37 AM.
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Yeah, you gotta use the F22 rear mount.

Comment

yup now start that baby up and raise hell.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
        Yeah, you gotta use the F22 rear mount.
        OK let me explain a bit since I'm confusing and so are my post. My friends who doing the swap , is driving me crazy it took him over 4 week and the swap is not finish( he work on it every saturday)and has done the swap on his 5gen. the wait is killing me, and I am starting to be supicous(sp) in his ability. It currently in his garage, so I don't have access to it since he work 6 day a week.
        And I work on the weekend and off only on moday and tues.

sorry for the ranting now back to the subject: Old F22A engine was trade in for H22A so No parts for the swap, everything must be bought used or new.

I don't have a front engine mount and it bracket due to my turbo for clearance, so said my shitty shop back when they install my turbo. Since I need to buy a dog bone mount, would getting the stronger prelude mount fit on the cb7 since the JDM h22 bracket on the engine would bolt up to the prelude dog-bone. Or DO I have to buy a F22A dog bone and bracket to get the h22 to fit on my cb7.

now for the rear engine mount. My friend say the cb7 rear engine mount does not line up to the H22A engine rear bracket. so he told me to get the F22 Rear engine bracket. IS this true?? anyone who done the swap( automatic) has encouter this??

Since my day off are mon-tues when everyone else is working, I guess it really hard for somreone to drive down to help me complete this swap.

Last edited by blazen_accord; 04-26-2004, 09:05 AM.
        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX

Mounts:
          For the H22A simply reuse the all the Accord mounts. The brackets are the same. You will need to swap the F22Ax front mount bracket onto the H22A.
          That's from the swap FAQ. I assume BustedLX knows what he's talking about...

Comment

yup

Comment

Working...
            X