new to swaps,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to swaps,

well this winter im hopeing to get everything together for a little f23 build,

as of right now im thinking 1g dsm turbo set up, with an h23 block swap,

iv been reading more and more of the forums lately, and im jsut wondering if anyone has done this? and if so whats all needed to comeplete it and have it running great?

anyways if someone could give me some pointers or tips anything the info is greatly appreciated.

not alotta people really do the f23 thing....thers alotta f22ax turbo cars on here and then theres some pretty powerful h23 turbo setups like oneoffaccord and bjaccord and jdm f22b dohc non-vtec pretty similar to an h23 is another good platform..check out their setups...they are pretty good
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

f23 block with h23 head is the g23. its been done, its a fucking beast. tq pwns.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        f23 block with h23 head is the g23. its been done, its a fucking beast. tq pwns.
        true that, but it sounds to me like hes going with a H23 block with a F23 head.

Comment

o, thats a bad idea. just do a full h23. dont put a sohc onto a dohc block.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
            true that, but it sounds to me like hes going with a H23 block with a F23 head.

lol no i just dont really know what im talking about

f23block with h23 head. lol

Comment

well then, it should be pretty torquey with that 97mm stroke.

Comment

well then, it should be pretty torquey with that 97mm stroke.
                yeah, but you lose revability. the h23 is meant to see loftier revs than the f23.

Comment

the f23 can rev to 6500 without a problem. why you would rev it past that, i dont know. h23 revs to about 6800 stock, but there really isnt much power up there without mods that add hp, not tq.

Comment

the f23 can rev to 6500 without a problem. why you would rev it past that, i dont know. h23 revs to about 6800 stock, but there really isnt much power up there without mods that add hp, not tq.
                    why would you not just go full h23. keep your revability, and no worries of the reliability.

Comment

because tghe g23 would be much better, and most likely cheaper than a full h23. also, if he wanted to boost, he still has iron sleeves.

and please dont get into all this reliability crap. a motor will be as reliable as you make it be. if you rape the fuck out of it, of course its not going to be reliable.

and what are you talking about with revability? theres no need to rev higher when you have a tq machine. the reason for the non vtec g23 is tq, which is made down low. revving it to even 7k would be no problem at all. id me more afraid of the valve train going out instead.

if you're gona build a motor, you need to make a goal and keep the goal in mind throughout the build. if its gona be a tq monster, then that means he wont rev that high. he can rev higher, but will require some cams and valve upgrade to even make power past 6800 due to the the low compression and long ass stroke of the f23.

Comment

also, if reliabilty were an issue, i dont think the f22b dohc would exist. think about that one.

Comment

because tghe g23 would be much better, and most likely cheaper than a full h23. also, if he wanted to boost, he still has iron sleeves.

and please dont get into all this reliability crap. a motor will be as reliable as you make it be. if you rape the fuck out of it, of course its not going to be reliable.

and what are you talking about with revability? theres no need to rev higher when you have a tq machine. the reason for the non vtec g23 is tq, which is made down low. revving it to even 7k would be no problem at all. id me more afraid of the valve train going out instead.

if you're gona build a motor, you need to make a goal and keep the goal in mind throughout the build. if its gona be a tq monster, then that means he wont rev that high. he can rev higher, but will require some cams and valve upgrade to even make power past 6800 due to the the low compression and long ass stroke of the f23.
                          my point is that the g23 wont have that much more tq than the full h23, and will have less hp. also, if you want tq, just put some bolt-ons on an h23, and you have hp, AND tq, and you can still rev higher. also, why would you remove the h23 block, and put a less stout motor with lower compression in its place? makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

g23 will have way more tq than an h23. why? maybe because its the same head, but more stroke. do you know what increased stroke does?

and bolt ons will not give you tq(not i/h/e for sure).

and it makes no sense to you because you're not an engine builder kind of guy. why do you think pirate mcfred did this?

like i said, there is absolutely NO issue with revving the f23 to 7k.

if he can get the f23 block and head for cheap, there is no reason to not do it. it makes perfect sense and makes for a powerfull engine with TONS of potential.

the g23 alone should be able to hang with stock h22 because of its tq. once its tuned, it will be even better. slap some cams on the h23 and it will rip ass.

its only worth it to someone who cares and find these things interesting. if all you care about is some power and not spending that much money and it being easy, then it doesnt make any sense.
                            if you have the full h23 already, then just build on that.

if you plan on going with this g23, then here is some food for thought.
                            http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1046336

Comment

g23 will have way more tq than an h23. why? maybe because its the same head, but more stroke. do you know what increased stroke does?

and bolt ons will not give you tq(not i/h/e for sure).

and it makes no sense to you because you're not an engine builder kind of guy. why do you think pirate mcfred did this?

like i said, there is absolutely NO issue with revving the f23 to 7k.

if he can get the f23 block and head for cheap, there is no reason to not do it. it makes perfect sense and makes for a powerfull engine with TONS of potential.

the g23 alone should be able to hang with stock h22 because of its tq. once its tuned, it will be even better. slap some cams on the h23 and it will rip ass.

its only worth it to someone who cares and find these things interesting. if all you care about is some power and not spending that much money and it being easy, then it doesnt make any sense.
                              if you have the full h23 already, then just build on that.

if you plan on going with this g23, then here is some food for thought.
                              http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1046336
                              so..you say that the stroke is longer, but you can still rev it higher than the stock redline? ha..funny..
                              my whole point is that the minimal amount of tq gained isn't worth the reliability issues, and having to do that whole mess of a swap. it would be easier to just keep the h23 and add bolt-ons. and, are you serious? since when do bolt-ons NOT add tq?

Comment

Working...
                              X