f20b into 96 accord 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b into 96 accord 5 speed

i hope you guys don't mind, but i own a 5th gen. I've been browsing this board and it seems to have by for the most data on engine swaps and the most knowledgable people.

I was reading the engine swapping options thread. The f20b dohc Vtec stood out to me. I found a long block for 1400. Would the install basically just be "plug and play" considering its out of a 5th gen accord.

Im also interested in this engine b/c it seems more unique of an engine for an accord, even though its more like a typical honda engine.

its ok if you hate me b/c i drive a 96 . Any advice would help.
    Confusion is my greatest virtue

GET OUT, NOW!!!!!!! J/P. As far as it being plug and play, it basically will be. But, you'll have to worry about a couple mounts. Other than that, I don't think you will have much of a problem. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
    "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

thanks, my mistake, it is a 6th gen swap. For the h22a could i buy a long block, bolt it up to my transmission and use my stock ps and ac brackets?

I have an ex with vtec so shouldn't the ecu work just fine
      Confusion is my greatest virtue

Comment

OOOOOOO, it's a 6th gen swap. Hmmmm, not too sure about that swap then.
        "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

I have an F20B out of a 2000 Accord SiR (Auto) for sale with 4700 km on it. PM me if intrested and I'll give you all the details.

This will be the same as any OBD-2 H22A swap. The F20B was only available from 1997-2000 so they are all OBD-2a no anti-theft imobilizer to worry about.

The only thing is that the F20B came with electric assit P/S. You can however bolt an H22A P/S pump and bracket to the engine as it's the same casting as the H22A only thing is that you'll need an H22A harmonic balancer as the one for the F20B doesn't have the pulley for the P/S pump.

Post any other questions you may have, good luck with your swap
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

f20b 5th gen...
            Attached Files

Comment

more pics here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=797

thanks fizzbob7...

Comment

Working...
              X