No announcement yet.

GSR or H22 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A because It fits and doesnt require alot of work. H22A Type-S if you're looking for more power.

If you're swapping the a K in, skip the K20 and go for the K24 or a K20/24 hybrid. Theres a reason the TSX has a K24 and not a K20
    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

as soon as i saw the users car i understood. you should seriously consider a d15 sohc non vtec. some serious power there.

Comment

Hey rocky you must admit its a wierd statement. I guess if you were asking the opinion to put that motor in a civic or teg maybe the responses might be different...
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

why not do an sr20. people always want to be different... so try to think outside the box for a change..

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
            why not do an sr20. people always want to be different... so try to think outside the box for a change..
            heh your kidding right if that shit even fits into our bays lol

Comment

SR20s will fit, some Sentra's have SR20 swaps(theres a FWD version of the SR20 for those who dont know), and I'm pretty sure their engine bay is smaller than a Accord. Our engine bay looks to be the same size as the Legends that had the longitude-mounted V6s.
              -Kevin

Comment

The Nissan Bluebird engine is also the SR20DET. People put them in Sentras and G20s. I wouldn't put a Nissan engine in a Honda though... that's just plain blasphemous. Dv8, I know you were joking about that... and honestly, if you can't keep it to yourself (especially the attacks on other members' cars) then maybe you should stay away from the site for a while?

In other countries, the CB came equipped with a carbureted F18. A 1.8L and a 2.0L isn't HORRIBLE in our cars. Still, it's not really worth the effort to put a GSR motor into a CB7. Conversion from rod to cable shifters, wiring, mounting, axle geometry, and a number of other subtle but important things make it costly if you can't fabricate everything yourself. It would definitely be original, but the cost to reward ratio is a bit imbalanced.

The K20 would be a decent swap because it comes in a car that weighs nearly as much as a CB7 (actually, according to weights that I just looked up, the RSX-S weighs 5lbs MORE than the CB7) Plus, the K series is new technology. The aftermarket is still growing, rather than shrinking like the H and B series. The motors are actually designed a bit better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                  some people (on this site) are saying go with a K20
                  Definitely! Go with the new technology of the K motor.
                  600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord
                    Definitely! Go with the new technology of the K motor.
                    would it fit tho?
                    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                      Hey rocky you must admit its a wierd statement. I guess if you were asking the opinion to put that motor in a civic or teg maybe the responses might be different...
                      yeah i know. it was a dumb thing to ask but alot of cb7 have H22's alot more have the stock f22 i want something diff. like my nabor the has..or HAD a drag civic with a 350 in it. just something new...you know what i'm saying?

Comment

For those that don't know; K-series are based off of the H22A/F20B
                        -Kevin

Comment

How So?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            heh your kidding right if that shit even fits into our bays lol
                            If you can fit a 4g63 in a civic then yea you can fit an sr20 into an accord. Just wiring is gonna be bitch. h22a/f20b based on k series... They might have used ther past successes and based on that input it into the k20 but I sure dont see no similarities. IMO the K20/K24 isnt on the same playing field as an h22a or f20b anymore its basically an evolved motor that is just gettin better and better. Plus it spins the other way but you should know that already.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              In other countries, the CB came equipped with a carbureted F18. A 1.8L and a 2.0L isn't HORRIBLE in our cars. Still, it's not really worth the effort to put a GSR motor into a CB7. Conversion from rod to cable shifters, wiring, mounting, axle geometry, and a number of other subtle but important things make it costly if you can't fabricate everything yourself. It would definitely be original, but the cost to reward ratio is a bit imbalanced.

The K20 would be a decent swap because it comes in a car that weighs nearly as much as a CB7 (actually, according to weights that I just looked up, the RSX-S weighs 5lbs MORE than the CB7) Plus, the K series is new technology. The aftermarket is still growing, rather than shrinking like the H and B series. The motors are actually designed a bit better as well.
                              Exactly. The CB7 doesn't exactly have too much torque as it is, so the effort spent putting in an engine with less just isn't going to pay off.

Even the powerband on a 2.0 B series pales in comparison to even a stock F22. Not only do they make substantially less torque (20 or so lb/ft IS a lot) but they make it at a higher RPM with a peakier powerband.

By the time you throw all of the fabrication issues in, it would probably be cheaper and easier to swap in an H, and then it will be faster to boot.

People swap the H because there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

The K20 also has less torque at a higher RPM than the H, but at least the total power figures are closer and the variable cam phasing of the i-VTEC allows a somewhat broader torque curve than the non-phasing equipped H22. That isn't a vote in support of the K20 necessarily...as less torque is less torque.

The K24(as equipped in the TSX) on the other hand, has slightly more peak torque stock, but a MUCH broader torque range than the H22, with a similar HP output. This may be worth a little bit of speed over the H22, but it is worth a LOT of extra cash. The other disadvantage to the K24 is that realistically, on a daily driving basis, 7500 RPM is really pushing the rod bearings on those. The long stroke coupled with the fact that the bearings are significantly smaller than the H22, means less top end rev potential before you start spinning bearings.

Hytech has made K20s that put down over 260 streetable WHP NA, and they have learned a lot since then.

Last time I heard, they were working on a destroked K24 (destroked to 2.3 liters) that was expected to put down over 300WHP NA.

Skunk2's car is also put down some hefty numbers, and I have seen well over 200WHP (230+) on many occasions with bolt-ons, mildly aggressive cams, and ECU reflashes.

Hasport is working on a kit that allows the K24 to be bolted into a CD5 (1994-1997) Accord and due to the substantial number of components interchangeable between a CB and a CD, including drivetrains, that means that it will fit in a CB with the right combination of parts.

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                              For those that don't know; K-series are based off of the H22A/F20B
                              This statement is false. I am assuming that you read somewhere about the reuse of an H22 crank in the K series, and this is what you are basing your info on.

1) The K series spins in the complete opposite direction of the H/F series.

2) The H series cranks are "interchangeable" but only with substantial machining and modification. Hytech used an H22 crank and said that it was very heavily modified. Most either modify the K series crank to take H series bearings, or manufacture one from scratch that has larger bearings.

3) The K not only is oriented in the opposite direction as the H (intake manifold in front, exhaust manifold in rear, Timing chain on passenger side), but shares nothing with it in terms of componentry. It doesn't even use a timing belt.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                                The Nissan Bluebird engine is also the SR20DET. People put them in Sentras and G20s. I wouldn't put a Nissan engine in a Honda though... that's just plain blasphemous. Dv8, I know you were joking about that... and honestly, if you can't keep it to yourself (especially the attacks on other members' cars) then maybe you should stay away from the site for a while?
                                im just messing around. the car just gave me the 'vibe' of hes got a lot to learn about the engine side, as he obviously went all out on the look of his car first.. though i was completely serious about an sr20.. same with the caddy v8 i mentioned before. im all for cross breeding cars. if it goes it goes!

Comment

Working...
                                X