No announcement yet.

GSR or H22 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could have been avoided if someone checked the sticky at the top of the forum. SWAP THREAD This way you can educate yourself without being someone else's firewood for the next flamefest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus2k7
      GSR. Stroke that biatch to a 2.0 and you have a fighter!

And what's up with that hood. I kinda like it. Scooby style.
      lol....no. Read the swap faq as everyone has mentioned. B series swaps are only for 3rd gen accords and below most of the time. What people forget the most is TORQUE. You can have all that hp but no torque and your car wouldnt move worth a rats ass. Well it would just slowly.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

LS7!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          lol....no. Read the swap faq as everyone has mentioned. B series swaps are only for 3rd gen accords and below most of the time. What people forget the most is TORQUE. You can have all that hp but no torque and your car wouldnt move worth a rats ass. Well it would just slowly.
          Also remember the F20b, while being a direct fit in the CB chassis, is often overlooked because of the torquier H22.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
            Also remember the F20b, while being a direct fit in the CB chassis, is often overlooked because of the torquier H22.
            Yep but its torque figures are pretty close to the h22a. I think they are 10 lbs diff? I forgot.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tru dat, torque gets the car moving

on a side note though, torque can be multiplied

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
                i say go with the gsr for jdm unique points.
                and totally make his car slower due to the fact that its a smaller engine, its pointless to put a b16 or b18 on a accord chasis, cb7s are about 500-700 lbs heavier than acuras or civics I think. yeah your car will be unique but its gonna be also slow, if your okay with being slow.

Comment

Yep but its torque figures are pretty close to the h22a. I think they are 10 lbs diff? I forgot.
                  When your torque figures are in the 100's still...its a big difference, imo.

Comment

some people (on this site) are saying go with a K20
                    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                      for originality reasons

didn't you get the memo? k is the new b

Comment

just stick with the h22. if you really care about what others think, you can spend alot of money and get a k20... but you will get no originality points for swapping a b-series. you will just get alot of people calling you an idiot... and whether the comments be personal or not, they would all be true.

and 3-400lbs is alot when it comes to a 4banger. i can feel the difference when im low on gas compared to a full tank. the reason the b18c is so effective is not so much because of the power it produces, but cause the car is lighter and the gearing is alot shorter.

try throwing an ls tranny in an itr, see what happens.

you wanna be somewhat original, build a h22 and use a h-to-b adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky

I know you're trying to get a feel for what would be the best swap; but my post should steer you in the right direction. I've seen a whole bunch of threads w/ swap this rear wheel drive that, fact of the matter is if you have that much money for the fab work chances are you don't own a cb7. Take a look and the sticky of the swap page and go from there make your own decesion and go for it. If you've got the money def. go for a k swap but when it all boils down you'll have spent way more and ultimately end up w/ less power and more orginality. Pick your poison!

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                            When your torque figures are in the 100's still...its a big difference, imo.
                            True dunno the torque figures on an f20b. Just know the h22a is around 160 somethin. K20 swap and such yea do it if you have the money....The motor is basically double the value of the car if not more...If your talking about throwing a gsr into this car then I would steer away from the k20...you are bound to mess up on wiring and somehow fabricate some mounts and such, and if you do bring it to a shop I would think they would charge you an arm and a leg because of the extra work required. As mentioned h22a the damn thing and call it a day if not just boost the F.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thats why im saying go with a D15.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by porc933
                                I know you're trying to get a feel for what would be the best swap; but my post should steer you in the right direction. I've seen a whole bunch of threads w/ swap this rear wheel drive that, fact of the matter is if you have that much money for the fab work chances are you don't own a cb7. Take a look and the sticky of the swap page and go from there make your own decesion and go for it. If you've got the money def. go for a k swap but when it all boils down you'll have spent way more and ultimately end up w/ less power and more orginality. Pick your poison!
                                thats true but to a certain extent after 2.6 has something in the works as far as a k swap so i wouldnt sweat it on the other hand if you wanna stay a bit cheaper go with the h22 complete swap you should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X