GSR or H22 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSR or H22 ??

Ok right now i got a F22A and it's nice but i want a lil more....fun under the hood now i know the H22 will go into my car but what about a GSR? my frind is willing to sell me a GSR but i want some more input? Any ideas?

THANKS!

~Rocky
    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

I'm going to answer this for you before u get flamed. If you had a choice between the two go w/ the h22. There are no know processes for swaping a gsr motor into our chasis. the gsr motor 1.8 liters is a little on the small side for the amount our cars weight. The h22 is a straight foward engine swap, the gsr is going to require extensive custom fab work and the results will not be > and h22.

This would be a good place for u to start looking on how to do a swap and some other options.

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

i say go with the gsr for jdm unique points.

Comment

WTF ok first off you cant swap in a B series motor in our accords because those engines cant handle the accords weight and plus in order to put in a b18 to get the b-series tranny and a wholebunch of stuff just to even get it to run and if it does run you wont feel no difference if i were you i would use teh SEARCH button up top so you can learn and see other engine you can put it besides the h22

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
          WTF ok first off you cant swap in a B series motor in our accords because those engines cant handle the accords weight and plus in order to put in a b18 to get the b-series tranny and a wholebunch of stuff just to even get it to run and if it does run you wont feel no difference if i were you i would use teh SEARCH button up top so you can learn and see other engine you can put it besides the h22
          dude i was just asking. calm down, no need to flip out

Comment

Originally posted by porc933
            I'm going to answer this for you before u get flamed. If you had a choice between the two go w/ the h22. There are no know processes for swaping a gsr motor into our chasis. the gsr motor 1.8 liters is a little on the small side for the amount our cars weight. The h22 is a straight foward engine swap, the gsr is going to require extensive custom fab work and the results will not be > and h22.

This would be a good place for u to start looking on how to do a swap and some other options.
            got ya thanks man i'll go with that

Comment

GSR. Stroke that biatch to a 2.0 and you have a fighter!

And what's up with that hood. I kinda like it. Scooby style.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus2k7
                GSR. Stroke that biatch to a 2.0 and you have a fighter!

And what's up with that hood. I kinda like it. Scooby style.
                how do i do that?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                  how do i do that?
                  Well, everyone will try to shoot it down, although they swap B20s into these cars, it's just ignorance and pride more often than not. But, if you have the money, you get a stroker kit which will run you anywhere from $2000 to $3500 and it gives you some displacement. And the GSR motors are built like tanks in stock trim so once you get a stroker kit, youre already forged for FI if you wanted to. I think there was a guy in a CRX with a GSR 2.0 pushing over 800 horse. I saw it a few days ago when I was going through my mags. But yeah, if you wanted pure power and revs, I would say a GSR and stroke it. And you will get mad points at car shows.

EDIT: If you REALLY wanted power, go K series. Now, what's up with your hood!? I want to know!

EDIT AGAIN: Oh wow, Crower makes a stroker kit that bumps the GSRs 1.8 to 2.26!
                  Last edited by Cerberus2k7; 09-03-2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus2k7
                    Well, everyone will try to shoot it down, although they swap B20s into these cars, it's just ignorance and pride more often than not. But, if you have the money, you get a stroker kit which will run you anywhere from $2000 to $3500 and it gives you some displacement. And the GSR motors are built like tanks in stock trim so once you get a stroker kit, youre already forged for FI if you wanted to. I think there was a guy in a CRX with a GSR 2.0 pushing over 800 horse. I saw it a few days ago when I was going through my mags. But yeah, if you wanted pure power and revs, I would say a GSR and stroke it. And you will get mad points at car shows.

EDIT: If you REALLY wanted power, go K series. Now, what's up with your hood!? I want to know!

EDIT AGAIN: Oh wow, Crower makes a stroker kit that bumps the GSRs 1.8 to 2.26!
                    i am an asst. in a body shop so i went in eurly and for a wrecked 4 runner so i cut out the scoop and put it on. i hate aftermarket stuff cause it fits like a glove on a dump truck. so i hand make my parts

Comment

Looks clean. IMO it really fits the lines. I thought you bought a older subaru hood and modded it to fit. 02 4runner?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                        how do i do that?
                        I’m sry I’m not trying to be a dick but if your asking questions like these I’m sure that you wont be able to do it your self, and the amount of cash id take to have it done for you would be crazy

this swap would require a shit load of work in general let alone boring it out to 2.0 liters

if you had it done it would defiantly would be unique but it wouldn’t even put out any where near the power of an h22. and h22 is somewhat easy swap. If you don’t have the mechanical knowledge to do it, its very easy to find someone to do it for you and its not that expensive

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                          I’m sry I’m not trying to be a dick but if your asking questions like these I’m sure that you wont be able to do it your self, and the amount of cash id take to have it done for you would be crazy

this swap would require a shit load of work in general let alone boring it out to 2.0 liters

if you had it done it would defiantly would be unique but it wouldn’t even put out any where near the power of an h22. and h22 is somewhat easy swap. If you don’t have the mechanical knowledge to do it, its very easy to find someone to do it for you and its not that expensive
                          I don't think there is any boring involved for 2.0, but the 2.2 you do.

Comment

b18c motor into an accord is mechanically possible but it is not plausible (stockwise that is). if the motor and the cost of the labor to put it into your motor manages to be cheaper then the h22 swap+motor then i don't see any reason not to. but you are gonna miss the torque

integra owners have put a smaller displacement engines into their car with not much problems with the torque (its always the people who haven't experienced it talking outta their asses exaggerrating about how it will be super duper slow) the rpms just have to be higher

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                              b18c motor into an accord is mechanically possible but it is not plausible (stockwise that is). if the motor and the cost of the labor to put it into your motor manages to be cheaper then the h22 swap+motor then i don't see any reason not to. but you are gonna miss the torque

integra owners have put a smaller displacement engines into their car with not much problems with the torque (its always the people who haven't experienced it talking outta their asses exaggerrating about how it will be super duper slow) the rpms just have to be higher
                              That and the GSR is what? Only 250-300lbs lighter than the accord?

If youre on a budget or don't have much money: F22B or H22.

If you want to be a pioneer and have $$$ to spend: Stroked B18C

Comment

Working...
                              X