This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

done the research need cb7tunner input... j30

Looking for any info on J30 SWAP................. ANY INFO!!!
    I have done more searching on this topic that I have ever done in my life so please dont say..... DID YOU SEARCH IT. Because rest assured I HAVE,most of the threads you get are more questions why would you want to do that and so on. Well I wonder where we would be if that first h22 swap didnt happen because someone was like well why would you do that ?
    First off let me say that "Im The Girl" seems to be the leading expert on this at this point and "CB7 Perfection" Doesnt, but any info I can get would be AMAZING.
    Ill give everyone the background on this up to this point. My friend and I both are CB7 tunners and we let 2 h22's USDM slip by us, SUPER CHEEP 2!/ So we have been discussing what we could do that would be different. I like the Acura RDX k24turbo engine but matching up trans would be tuff. My friend Mike likes the j30 and c27. So we are currently looking into a front clip off of 03 accord V6 6 speed.
    This will pretty much be the entire setup CPU, harness, driveshafts, some suspension, mounts, Engine, trans, ect....
    Size I think is going to be a huge Problem... If im not mistaking the fire wall and dash need to be ressesed. WOW !
    So if anyone knows of this swap happening or did or failed attempts or anything let me know!

Thanks Branden

Will never be done Period.... you cannot compare being the first to swap in an h22 into the cb7 chassy as to swapping in a J30. Youve done the reasearch Have seen that no one ever comes through, its just not worth it.

Youd have better luck swapping in a d15.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
      Youd have better luck swapping in a d15.
      lol you and your d15. J30 too many people are like oo i got the measurements blah blah blah still no action they say all this but nothing has gone in the car. Bottom line there are easier swaps and crap out there but in the end just make sure you know (if you plan on selling the car) you aint gettin all that money wasted back. Plus too time consuming and most of the stuff will have to be custom. If you want to try it Id say go for it thats bout it. But personally I wouldnt attempt such a thing since there are others with more potential.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

by the title, the first thing i thought of was the infinity J30.

Comment

well. if all you care about is being unique and impressing either:

A. your e-friends

or

B. People who will look at your car, say "cool" and walk away.

then, sure do it to it. It wont be easy, and i hope you have some great fabrication skills. No one here is going to be able to help you, since no one has done it.

There are other things you could spend your time, money, and fabrication skills on, with MUCH better results. Do a custom turbo H22 or something, you will be happier

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

WOW, Anything can be done with the right amount of money and time. We both understand that these cars are pretty much worthless, as far as resale goes. We dont plan on selling them or showing them. We will drive the piss outa them until we blow it up!~! If I personally was gonna do a prelude swap and turbo, I would go h23, as it is alot better for turbo. Just my .02 cents. But the h22's and h23's everone has done.... I think the k24 t would be f~in sweet, and how crazy would it be to see a j30 six speed in a cb7?

Comment

Originally posted by brandenbmx
              WOW, Anything can be done with the right amount of money and time. We both understand that these cars are pretty much worthless, as far as resale goes. We dont plan on selling them or showing them. We will drive the piss outa them until we blow it up!~! If I personally was gonna do a prelude swap and turbo, I would go h23, as it is alot better for turbo. Just my .02 cents. But the h22's and h23's everone has done.... I think the k24 t would be f~in sweet, and how crazy would it be to see a j30 six speed in a cb7?
              not very? cause 3 yrs from now, half of us arent even gona be here...
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Based on dimensions, it WILL fit. It is no larger physically than an F22 is with the manfolds attached.

Personally, I would have done it, but I have neither a spare CB7 to fabricate on nor a spare J30 laying around, and they still aren't cheap.

Otherwise, I would have been all over it. The tranny is cable shift, so there must be a way to work out the shift mechanism (if you can put cable shift in a rod shift Civic, it will work in an Accord).

With a combination of the two wiring harness, there is a way to work out the electrical aspect, and if you can do the swap, you can make the wiring work.

The mounts would have to be custom, and you would probably have to steal some parts from the CM chassis and fabricate them to work. Axles would be an issue, but there are companies that will make those for you too.

The only dimension I am not certain of, is hood clearance. The CG and the CM both have quite a bit of vertical space above the engine, probably for aerodynamics, styling, and pedestrian crash safety, but I don't know for sure that it will clear a CB hood. That would be one of the things you would have to work out.

I wish I could get my hands on one to weight it, because I bet they are within 100lbs of a fully dressed H22.

Also, to all the "it isn't worthwhile" haters...

The J30A1 makes as much power and far more torque at a much more accessible RPM than any H22 ever released by Honda in the states. The only 2 H22's with more HP are the Type S and the Euro R. For the price of one of those I can pick up a J30A1, a six speed CL Type S tranny, ECU etc, and still have some cash left over to go toward fabrication.

There never has been an H22 that will touch a J30A4. Even a powerful bolt on H22 would be difficult to get that high because they typically lay down about 220WHP stock. And they have 16 lb/ft more than the J30A1 which already had a 25-30 lb/ft advantage over the H22. Oh, and everything peaks lower too, so they have far more bottom end, while still pulling to 7100 RPM. Not to mention that an additional 20-30WHP is just an intake and exhaust away.

This engine, bolted to a 6 speed, is good enough to pull a 3500lb CM chassis to a 14.5 second 1/4 mile stock and on crappy all season tires. What would it do in car that is 500lb lighter and was properly setup?

I can't say what the details would be, but based on educated measurement, it is highly likely that it will fit. Obviously, there will be some fabrication involved, but I personally would love to see it. I would do it myself if I had the time and money.

It wasn't but a few weeks ago that people thought a JRSC wouldn't bolt into the CB7 chassis, but alas it does, and with room to spare. Only minor adjustments were needed.

There are numerous threads on this topic, and it is all speculatory, so there will be inevitable flaming, followed by "why didn't I think of that" if you are actually successful. Because of that, I am going to close this thread, but do keep us posted if you pull it off.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                X