Maple's first Swap day one.. *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple's first Swap day one.. *pics*

Well I got outta work at 2pm, rented the engine hoist for (45) when I coulda just bought a new one for 120. Anyways Everything is disconnected in my coupe. I just finished that at around 7pm. All thats connected is the break fluid line I belive it's called, the axles, and the 2 lower PS lines. then Ill be good to take out the mount bolts and be on my way =)

As for the sedan. that shit has all motor mounts out. the whole engine is literally ready to pull but I don't have any friends to help me with it. So I have to wait for my mom's bf to lift it while I watch and make sure it doesnt bash into anything =)

So if the rain is just sprinkling we should be good. I gotta get it done tommrow no matter what so if it's pouring yeah it's going to be a big Bitch.

I tryed to take pictures. I had a picture of all 3 cb7's but yeah the cam died.

I have one picture. but yeah.

cpmike.. Is that leveler on right? How is the chain slack? should it be like that or should the shorter side be on the right side.

I couldnt get the chain down to where it's suppose to go in the DIY.

But yeah enjoy. Ill keep this updated tommrow. =) I want my car again and i wanna install my sweet system ugh!

So yeah the first picture is of it getting towed away. Ihad to remove my apexi rear exhaust and the front bumper, otherwise it would have gotten owned by the tow truck. ugh.

Comments, Suggestions, Critiques all are welcome..

good job maple, did you get the load leveler from napa? I think I have the exact same one and it is the biggest POS i've delt with.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
      good job maple, did you get the load leveler from napa? I think I have the exact same one and it is the biggest POS i've delt with.
      pep boys, im gonna try to return it when im done ad tell them it was junk and yeah

Comment

you dont need a leveler and it doesnt matter where the chains go. as long as its a solid place its all good.

any chains coulda done the job.

doing a swap is a very nice learning experience.

just watch out for the tps sensor.

also, you DONT have to take out the carnk pulley. ive done about 3 swaps now and i have yet to take it out. 2 swaps on an accord and 1 in a civic.
        tip the tranny side down enough and just lift it, it should clear.

on another note, are you parting out that red cb7? how much for those head lights and grille?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

pm'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Comments, Suggestions, Critiques all are welcome..
            It looks like a tornado rolled through there! You got parts & tools all over the place fuckin place!

ha, seriously, you get props for doin this. It gets easier the more you do it. Just ask Mike or myself and some of these other guys that do it all the time

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

yeah off to do it more right now wish me luck!

Comment

So yeah, day 2 went well. Broke 3 breaker bars, a ratchet, and a socket.

Yeah, fuck. Look at sig. Got both engines out and I have to wake up at 6am tommrow and finish getting the other motor in my engine bay. ugh. I gotta return the hoist at 830 so I hope we can do this

cheers

Comment

congrats. you have more patience than me. last swap i did , well i bearly did it my boy basically did it alone and we dropped the engine and picked up the car...no hoist...it was done in about 12 hours and i fell asleep in the wheel well and under the caR

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                    congrats. you have more patience than me. last swap i did , well i bearly did it my boy basically did it alone and we dropped the engine and picked up the car...no hoist...it was done in about 12 hours and i fell asleep in the wheel well and under the caR

Haha you actually fell asleep under the car !?!?
                    Wow that is dedication right there!
                    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                    My (old) Ride

Comment

your one goofy looking dude

good work tho

Comment

i never heard what you are swapping what with? just switching the f22s or what?

Comment

yea maple is goofy as hell and very queit. maple not bad at all. whos helping you? what engine are you putting in? and what car is it on in?

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                            yea maple is goofy as hell and very queit. maple not bad at all. whos helping you? what engine are you putting in? and what car is it on in?
                            he's putting the f22a6 from his parts car into his car. i don't really know why. something about the timing belt.

Comment

I wouldve kept the sedan, as I think IMO the rims would look sick on a maroon car.

Coupe is nice but it just needs so much body work Wayne.

But good job on the swap.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X