h22a swap process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a swap process

okay so i got an h22a from H-Motors and i'v replaced the timing belt, water pump, cap & rotar, valve cover gasket & gromets, is there anything else i should replace before swapping it in?

depends on the condition of the motor and ho wit looks...

what about front/rear main seals? rocker o-rings...?? u should be just fine with what u have done! drop her in and fire her up!
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

this needs to be in the beginner section (if it needs to exist at all)

probably around 500 threads pertaining to this......
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

why not just swap it in first and driving it or seeing if it starts before you start replacing shit, Maybe your motor will come out like mine excellent the last person who had it really took care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          why not just swap it in first and driving it or seeing if it starts before you start replacing shit, Maybe your motor will come out like mine excellent the last person who had it really took care of it.
          Because some things are really fucking hard to change while the motor is in.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            as long as nothings seriously wrong, just about any motor you buy will work, doesnt mean maintenance things dont need to be replaced... a motor will run perfectly with a dried out, cracking timing belt, but only for so long... while its out, might as well throw all the belts and such on, while its 23894x easier. cheap maintenance is ALWAYS worth it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thats understandable but i say if its not broke or cracked dont even fuck with it. (times outta ten nothings really wrong with those motors. Hondas last bro provided that they are taken care of.

Comment

If I were swapping, I would at least replace all belts and seals, just so I would not have to mess with it for another 10 years (not the timing belt of course).
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

make sure you have the oil seal retainer bracket...

spark plugs and plug wires?

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5
                    okay so i got an h22a from H-Motors and i'v replaced the timing belt, water pump, cap & rotar, valve cover gasket & gromets, is there anything else i should replace before swapping it in?
                    o' yes. the notoriouse auto tensioner, its gonna fail. get a manual tensioner kit for a h23. the h22 auto tensioner have a history on failing.

Comment

I still have my auto tensioner its doing just fine but I wouldnt mind a manual tensioner swap maybe next time I do my timing.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                        o' yes. the notoriouse auto tensioner, its gonna fail. get a manual tensioner kit for a h23. the h22 auto tensioner have a history on failing.

They just dont fail because they suck, they fail when they get old and when you start introducing alot of horsepower to the motor. Then they dont hold. I mean we are talking about honda, why would honda put a crappy system on one of their best engines around?

Well another reason people switch to the h23 tensioner is because its cheaper to do than buying a new auto tensioner alone.

And I have yet to see one auto tensioner fail.

Originally posted by excalibur02
                        make sure you have the oil seal retainer bracket...

spark plugs and plug wires?
                        You mean Balance shaft seal retainer?
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          You mean Balance shaft seal retainer?

yea.. that shit... man i have some kind of A.D.D... (fnf!!!)

Comment

just got done doing the auto to manual tensioner swap and now my timing belt is too short, do i need to be using the h23 timing belt?

Comment

the only thing i would ever really change in those engines from jdm land would be water pump, t-belt, and new spark plugs and plug wires.

My water pump was already bad when I bought my swap. of course, i didnt know until i started up the car because i had bought the wrong water pump.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X