F22a1 to F22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a1 to F22a6

well my buddy offered me a f22a6. Just wondering if this swap is worth it? Havent heard of too many people doing it on this board just curious if it will be worth it? My f22a1 engine currently has 245k and going strong. But I wanna start my new engine for it. Just to be ready when it goes. So I will have to swap and dont want to go the h22 route on this ride. That will be saved for my EX. Just wanted some others opinions.

F22a6:
    140 hp (104 kW) @ 5600 rpm
    142 ft·lbf (193 Nm) @ 4500 rpm

Most likely going to conitue with this just curious if it bolts right in? Pretty sure it should since its a f22 right? Thanx in advance.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Go for it. I have the A6...get an H23 intake plenum and TB, a cam, an intake and an exhaust and your shit will be quick. Good luck.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Like gloryaccordy said h23 intake manifold and tb, cam, exhaust. But on the same note you dont need the f22a6 to do this.You can do it on your a1 with the same results. But if the a6 has lower miles and been taken care of by all means swap it.

Comment

You'll need the A6 ECU and the IAB box to wire in the IAB's if you want them. It also puts the O2 sensor in the downpipe as opposed to the manifold like your current engine. But like others said, if your current engine runs fine, just do the basic upgrades and it'll run just as good as the A6. Get the A6 exh. manifold and ECU if you do keep your engine and upgrade.
        wat

Comment

The F22A6 is the 92-93 EX motor, so yeah, it bolts right in.

How many miles are on it? How's the compression? If your current motor is going strong, I would keep that. You can use the A6 parts to upgrade it a bit. You can always keep the A6 in reserve for when the A1 finally gives out!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            The F22A6 is the 92-93 EX motor, so yeah, it bolts right in. How many miles are on it? How's the compression? If your current motor is going strong, I would keep that. You can use the A6 parts to upgrade it a bit. You can always keep the A6 in reserve for when the A1 finally gives out!
            Ya thats the goal, to do a bunch of work to the f22a6 so when that f22a1 motor is ready to leave the chasis, all I have to do is the swap. My final goal is to pretty much do as much as I can to the engine and turbo it. This is my first project with engines and I wanna build a power motor for daily driving. So I am gunna learn a lot. But take my time cause I wanna do it right.

Appreciate the insight. Please let me know if you got more! Lata!
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
            X