Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much$$$ are used f22a1 engine and transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much$$$ are used f22a1 engine and transmission?

we just got a 91 accord lx in imaculate condition interior and exterior like it was stuck in a garage for 14 yrs body is in show room condition everything is functional but the only problem is it has a blown head gasket but engine is still running as long as you put oil every 20 miles,hehe. but besides that we got it for $300 bucks and its worth putting a new engine in so just wondering if any of you know where I can get a low mileage engine and automaic tranny. and how much does it run $$$.

Don't know where you can find an F22A1, but you can get a better engine at www.hmotorsonline.com . If all you need is a head gasket, why not just replace it instead of the whole engine?
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

word^.

you can always get an f22b dohc for like 750shipped from many places, including ebay.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
        Don't know where you can find an F22A1, but you can get a better engine at www.hmotorsonline.com . If all you need is a head gasket, why not just replace it instead of the whole engine?
        because the car aleady has 230K yeah high mileage.

Comment

If I get the f22b will I have to change a bunch of parts for the swap of is it like swapping in the regular motor?

Comment

odds of getting a "low" milage engine that is over 15 years old are pretty slim nowadays...
            and getting a good auto tranny is gonna be tough as well since the newest one you can use is 9 years old (97 accord).
            an import engine and trans as mentioned above is probably a good bet though the problem there is if there is a problem, then its costly to ship back.

Comment

I got a F20a DOHC motor for 500 shipped via Makoto Motors. It had 40k on the motor with a 6 month warranty on all internals. You just need to swap the fuel rail and since you have a 91 honda you dont need to swap the Dizzy wires. The only thing you need to do is add a vacum line for the Secondaries to open up which is pretty easy and plenty threads here on this forum on how to do it.

P.s. If you decide to do a Manual tranny and live close to NJ. I have a 92 Coupe with 75k on motor and tranny 300bucks for trans. You take it out or I will but extra. If not I have a yard I that I work with and have access to about 7 to 10 honda accords that you can rip a tranny out various mileage on them.
              Last edited by Abeerdrinker; 07-30-2006, 08:17 AM.
              WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
                I got a F20a DOHC motor for 500 shipped via Makoto Motors. It had 40k on the motor with a 6 month warranty on all internals. You just need to swap the fuel rail and since you have a 91 honda you dont need to swap the Dizzy wires. The only thing you need to do is add a vacum line for the Secondaries to open up which is pretty easy and plenty threads here on this forum on how to do it.

P.s. If you decide to do a Manual tranny and live close to NJ. I have a 92 Coupe with 75k on motor and tranny 300bucks for trans. You take it out or I will but extra. If not I have a yard I that I work with and have access to about 7 to 10 honda accords that you can rip a tranny out various mileage on them.
                I doubt it really had 40k miles. thats just an estimate, and it also helps for advertisment.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker

although its DOHC I dont want to get a lesser liter like a 2.0 I want to stick with a 2.2 since accords are heavy I wouldnt see much gain but thanks for the offer.

Comment

I just pulled an F22A1 out of my car, you live in tucson? Its not the greatest motor but can be used for parts... its yours free if you want to come get it.

Comment

The JDM engines actually DO have very low mileage. Japanese inspection standards are very strict, and people with older cars that don't meet certain criteria are subject to heavy taxes/fines and required to make VERY expensive repairs. A car from 1992 with 40,000 miles on it (probably last driven in 1997) may have been not worth the expense. Exporters realized the demand for the engines from these cars, which are like gold in the US. The bad thing is that not every "JDM" engine comes from Japan. Many are sourced from Australia, New Zealand, and sometimes even Europe. High mileage cars in those countries are more common. Your 40,000 mile JDM engine could be a 200,000 mile Aussie engine... which means getting your motor from a reputable place is a very smart idea. Places like hmotorsonline have a reputation to uphold, and they're less likely to knowingly or unknowlingly sell crap.

As for an F22A motor and trans... I just sold my F22A1 motor with 136k on it for $350. I sold my original F22A1 for $50, with the trans... I had to get rid of it though, or my friend's 6'8 drunken irish dad would've killed me. I believe TeamST_racing (or whatever his name is on here... Lam) is giving his old motor away... he may be asking a little for it now, since he's been having troubles with his car. Still, it's a decent deal.

I would say a decent F22A will go for $200-$400, depending on who you get it from, and what the condition is. I, personally, sell pretty high. Some people undervalue their things.

I also have a 5 speed tranny for sale. It's in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                        although its DOHC I dont want to get a lesser liter like a 2.0 I want to stick with a 2.2 since accords are heavy I wouldnt see much gain but thanks for the offer.
                        I think he was offering the F22A he has... he got his F20 from that company he mentioned.

The F20 is actually a pretty cool motor. The torque is only slightly less, and the motor is nice and revvy... I would love one of those with a turbo Something about 2.0L turbo is just fun... every cool 4 cylinder turbo car is 2.0L!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          I doubt it really had 40k miles. thats just an estimate, and it also helps for advertisment.
                          now the only real way to find out is to open the engine and see how worn the cylinders are, someone who knows what there doing should be able to give an actual estimate.

Comment

The motor was very clean on the inside that I have seen. I removed the head since the cams where being sent to delta. I also removed the oil pan to change the gasket and it was very clean oil pan. The oil residue was still honey brown and very little metal shaving. If it is a 100k plus motor then the person that owned must of taken care of it well. The timing belt still had the letters on in which I couldnt tell what it says since I read english and it has Japanesse letters. The only thing that was very dirty was the spark plug tubes but dirt could of gotten on top of the block I guess. The compression test gave the same number across.
                            WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

i have bought 4-5 import engines, and 3 came with gauge clusters as well as the chassis harness.

1 of them had 90k miles on it, and the other 2 had around 75k miles. One had a worn out 3 puck clutch as well. All 3 were quite clean internally.
                              I do not care what the importer says but unless they can prove milage the 40k or whatever is nothin more than advertising spiel.

Comment

Working...
                              X