how reliable is your swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how reliable is your swap?

there are plenty of us here with one swap or another. how are they holding up, especially the JDM ones? assumnig the timing belt was changed along with other stuff like water pump that were replaced anyone had any real problems yet? post any comments or experiences and recomendations for those who will be doing a swap
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

it's a honda motor into a honda, it's all good. not like anyone's putting a saturn motor into their cars. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

its even more reliable than the usually high mileage motor that used to be in it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I know you are probably looking for peoples' experiences, but you have to remember this - first of all it's a honda motor and secondly it's (in most cases) built in Japan for the Japanese market. Doesn't that simply spell out reliabilty?

I would think so.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I get better performance and its better overall IMO especially replacing a high mileage motor. Reliability wise is pretty good as long as you replace everything and take care of it you basically run on a pretty "new" engine.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

mine runs like new.. nothing wrong with it at all.. mint

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

finished my swap in Jan and have driven 300+ miles a week since getting an avg of 32 mph....has run like a champ even with 220k on the chassis....
              i roll my wagon slo, f22b style...

Comment

I can't wait to do a H22 swap, and continue to drive it like I stole it. My F22 sees redline alot, and still runs great at 242k.
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Mine ins running well but still dont trust it, does anyone know a local tuner out near riverside or norco or fontana, thats not rage or Windfield raceing (formerly Hookups)?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

mine is just now going into 60k. No problems at all. (well there was that over_rev thing...)
                    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
                      Mine ins running well but still dont trust it, does anyone know a local tuner out near riverside or norco or fontana, thats not rage or Windfield raceing (formerly Hookups)?

Whats wrong with Rage???
                      FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

relibaility depends on way too many things....how good was the engine? Who installed it? How well do you care for it?

The original swap I had done 6 years ago was shitty and I always had weird issues until I replaced the distributor and harness from damage done by the installation shop, things got even better when I decided to put a diff longblock in myself and its run flawlessly since then. Either way I have over 70k and 5 years on my swap and have never had an issue that sidelined the car unexpectedly.

Comment

Mine gave me my first problem (distributor, I think) at about 100k... 3 years after I bought it. I'd say I'm happy! Well... not happy that my car is currently not running... but happy with the performance over the last 3 years!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                            Whats wrong with Rage???
                            rage and hookups merged so i kinda dont trust them i am not saying either shop is horriable because they do know there stuff but my swap just doesnt feel right . the tranny is haveing problems shifting my belts scream but other then that everything is good.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

been running strong for about 2 weeks now. did the swap myself with the help of the NW crew. I didnt really change out anything but the tensioner belt. we had issues with the tbelt and water pump, but that was my fault; i bought the wrong parts. ill have to replace them sometime, but for now, its running great. still open header tho, fucking loud as hell.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X