Need help asap with h23a1 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help asap with h23a1 swap

I did an h23a1 swap on my accord and it was a success.Motor runs fine tranny shifts fine,But my check engine light keeps popping up once in a while and my temperature keeps going up because the fans don't wanna turn on.What do you guys think is the problem? and has this ever happened to anybody let me know please.
    Project EP hatch on the way

Anybody?.

Comment

What code is it throwing?

Did you make sure that all of your connections have been made properly?

Is the coolant temp. sensor in the upper radiator hose (On the block side) plugged in?

Figure out the code and go from there. L8r
      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
      01-01-2019

Comment

Nah I haven't checked the codes yet i'm doin it first thing tomorow morning.Thanks a lot i appreciate it

Comment

I think i've got a bad coolant temp sensor or bad fan switch that is by the thermostat.Also tranny shifts really hard.What's up with that?.

Comment

what are the codes? kind hard to help without knowing what codes ur throwing....

did u check ur cooling fan fuses?
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Yea their good and I just changed that radiator fan module that was on top of the fuse box on the driver's side.

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
                Yea their good and I just changed that radiator fan module that was on top of the fuse box on the driver's side.

and yeah, what CODE (numeric)
                ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I haven't put it through the machine because I don't have access to it yet.

Comment

why bother with a machine when a paperclip works as well and is faster usually?

Comment

Well find that code. until you do your just chasing a ghost. Code first listen to your car and it will work with you, go against it and it will work on your wallet.

Comment

The cb uses 2 different thermostats/fan switches, the one at the thermostat housing in the rear, and the other at the front waterneck. They both have green plugs on the harness, and because of the H-series layout, it's easy to get their locations mixed up. Try switching the two plugs' position and see if that helps. You can check the code yourself as mentioned by jumping the service check connector behind the passenger side kick panel, then turn on the ignition (to I, I think) and count the number of long and short flashes from the Check Engine Light. Then we can help better, good luck.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by lucid
                          The cb uses 2 different thermostats/fan switches, the one at the thermostat housing in the rear, and the other at the front waterneck. They both have green plugs on the harness, and because of the H-series layout, it's easy to get their locations mixed up. Try switching the two plugs' position and see if that helps. You can check the code yourself as mentioned by jumping the service check connector behind the passenger side kick panel, then turn on the ignition (to I, I think) and count the number of long and short flashes from the Check Engine Light. Then we can help better, good luck.
                          only 1 of mine is green, the other is gray.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            only 1 of mine is green, the other is gray.
                            Ok, I might have figured this out. Don't pay any attention to the color of the sensor part, just the color of the harness end. There are actually 3 plugs in that area, and this would be why your light is coming on, too. 2 plugs are green, and they go near the engine side ends of each radiator hose, the ones I was talking about before. The third plug is gray, and it plugs into a (white) plug on the engine, just above your tranny, lower down than the other two, it's an engine sensor. Maybe you've got a grey and a green one mixed up, then the fan wouldn't work right, and neither would the sensor, which would throw a code...let me know what you think

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

omg, i love you now! lol. ever since my swap, ive had that cel(6 i think) and ive been meaning to go to the junk yard to get another ect, since the one i have is actually broken(the plastic part on the brass sensor on the housing is broken). now i have no more code and my damn fan doesnt stay on after i turn my car off, lol. thanks! damn, im such a noob still.

edit*

sorry for the thread jack, lol.
                              Last edited by d112crzy; 07-15-2006, 11:20 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X