No announcement yet.

F22 with H22 or H23 tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was saying that the tranny overall would fit but as far as the gears I'm not sure. It would be sweet to be able to do a gear swap like that. You would definitely need to be making a lot of power to really benefit from an f22 in the quarter mile.

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
      so if you have a lightly modded non turbo F22 what trany do you want?
      then once you have a H22 non turbo what tranny do you want?
      Lightly modded? Keep your stock tranny then, for the amount of results you'll see on an F22Ax for a tranny swap, you could have done a lot more things to make it faster. All the F/H series trannies are good,except the A/T's of coarse, LOL! (I've blown three of them!) Stock clutches are a bit weak, and syncs aren't alaways perfect. What ever you plan on doing with your motor (circle track, drag strip, solo racing, etc.) should be what you base your tranny setup on.

Brad aka Surfjunkie44
      Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

Originally posted by Surfjunkie44
        What ever you plan on doing with your motor (circle track, drag strip, solo racing, etc.) should be what you base your tranny setup on.

Brad aka Surfjunkie44
        Okay, in respect to what you said. I have been trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do. My car is going to be set-up for circle style track ( http://www.hallettracing.com , that's our local track ), and also the occasional 1320 run. I've been debating on sticking w/ my f22a transmission or going w/ the JDM H22ax transmission because of the stock LSD that is w/ it.

What would your/anyones take on this be?

EDIT: I do plan on boosting the motor as well. Not insane numbers for the circle-track, but when the motor is built ( w/in the next 100 years ), I would like to crank the shit at the 1320 and blow a few 'Vettes and 'Stangs away.
        H23 Powered CB7

Comment

let look at this in a automatic point of view. would using an auto f22 tranny, on an H22 engine still carry the +/- mention in this post or does it apply only to manual trans. Of couse Boosting will play on a point in this discussion. same thing vs using an H22 auto tranny on an F22.

since the h22 tranny design for higher rev 7500+rpm stock, the F22A tranny would fry if you rev it that high. even though an aftermarket tranny cooler will help. since even an auto F22A at 80mph run at 3700rpm since it only, will the H22A auto at 80mph run at 4700rpm??

any1 have gear ratio for the F22, H23, H22 auto tranny??
          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabuki
            Hmmm.. I don't think so, as shot peening and such would damage the bearing surface of the gears. I suppose it all depends on what the weak points are. The shaft may be it , or the gears may be...
            i blew 3 gear twice in my f22 tranny with the f22a motor with blot ons

Comment

Working...
            X