After Swap Issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Swap Issues...

Ok well my motor swap was finished yesterday and everything seemed to be going very well. The motor was running strong, smooth shifts. And today, everything seems to be going the complete oposite of good...The tach was jumping all over the place and the car was bucking, at one point it was so bad she couldnt go over like 20 mph...The kid Matt that i did the swap with says it could be the distributor, a coil, or the computer...I think to this point weve checked all the wiring, changed the plugs, distributor cap as well as some interals. Hes talking to some guy at a shop right now i thnk to try and diagnose it before we replace everything under the hood...He says its looking to be more something in my car as appose to the motor, but i never had these problems till the swap.

I did a little searching on here which is where i got some of the ideas on what to change and wat to check, but if you guys have any other ideas please let me know, i gotta get my SE back on the road lol. Thanks in advance.

1993 Honda Accord SE -
    Check out my ride!
    Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Originally posted by NJAccord93
    Ok well my motor swap was finished yesterday and everything seemed to be going very well. The motor was running strong, smooth shifts. And today, everything seems to be going the complete oposite of good...The tach was jumping all over the place and the car was bucking, at one point it was so bad she couldnt go over like 20 mph...The kid Matt that i did the swap with says it could be the distributor, a coil, or the computer...I think to this point weve checked all the wiring, changed the plugs, distributor cap as well as some interals. Hes talking to some guy at a shop right now i thnk to try and diagnose it before we replace everything under the hood...He says its looking to be more something in my car as appose to the motor, but i never had these problems till the swap.

I did a little searching on here which is where i got some of the ideas on what to change and wat to check, but if you guys have any other ideas please let me know, i gotta get my SE back on the road lol. Thanks in advance.
    is your distributor internal or external . It can be 1 of 4 things 1 the coil inside the distributor or outside,2 check your grounds all of them theres 1 on the engine that bolts in with the harness on a 10mm bolt check that,3 fuel pump but highly unlikely though,what engine did you swap it with and what ecu are you using? we need more details

Comment

Ignitor/ICM inside the dizzy. Sounds like a distributor problem to me.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Definitely check your grounds. Poor grounds can cause some crazy issues.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Ignitor/ICM inside the dizzy. Sounds like a distributor problem to me.
          yea, my ignitor did that above 3k...but it didnt give me a CEL so it was hard to pin point the problem.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X