my journey to the DOHC side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work man.....

but on the fan problem, my f22b does that too but it doesnt over heat when i turn the ac on only 1 fan works, the passenger side. but mine doesnt over heat or nothing. im thinking of buying a universal slim fan to swap for the driver side fan....... let me know if u find out the problem

good job on the swap.... enjoy the JDM F22B DOHC i know i do

Comment

congrats man, i guess all the questons were worth answering. enjoy the f22b.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

ditch the a/c did you connect the other fan correctly? all the ect sensors correct?

ot:
        chicohonda, carlos told me he was tuning your engine, hows that going? got a copy of the map by any chance? i wana compare his map to mine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

PROPS TO YOUR SWAP!!!Hey man im glad you got the motor in and running...i wanna know who it pulls.My motor goes in this weekend so all be part of the jdm f22b crew!!!...Lol

Car audio classifieds...
          http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
          Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

So hows it running mang?

you fix dat fan problem yet?

Comment

the motor is running great. lovin the F22B DOHC powah more every time i drive. the thing pulls great especially one i hit 5K rpms and the secondary runners open up, you can really feel it.

as for the fan/overheating issue i sort of fixed it. when i sat down and rethought everything i remembered that my stupid ass never opened up the bleeder valve and turned on the heat when i was putting in coolant and that was part of the problem since there was air in the system. i added more coolant today and opened the valve and the temp stays fine but the fan still doesnt run. im gonna plug it in in the place of the one that works and see if its the motor or the sensor. other than that i love it. also, my buddy club condenser and grounding kit really passed the test. idle is smooth and so is the acceleration. got to love chirping in 2nd mind you its still untuned and running a P39 from and auto car. not sure if it makes a difference but it seems to run good. might be getting a P06 in the future so i might sell that one.

i also got an alignment today since my toe was out of wack and a young guy working on my car thought i had a B18 in there lol

add me to the JDM F22B DOHC CREW
              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
              Check out my JDM F22B swap
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                the motor is running great. lovin the F22B DOHC powah more every time i drive. the thing pulls great especially one i hit 5K rpms and the secondary runners open up, you can really feel it.

as for the fan/overheating issue i sort of fixed it. when i sat down and rethought everything i remembered that my stupid ass never opened up the bleeder valve and turned on the heat when i was putting in coolant and that was part of the problem since there was air in the system. i added more coolant today and opened the valve and the temp stays fine but the fan still doesnt run. im gonna plug it in in the place of the one that works and see if its the motor or the sensor. other than that i love it. also, my buddy club condenser and grounding kit really passed the test. idle is smooth and so is the acceleration. got to love chirping in 2nd mind you its still untuned and running a P39 from and auto car. not sure if it makes a difference but it seems to run good. might be getting a P06 in the future so i might sell that one.

i also got an alignment today since my toe was out of wack and a young guy working on my car thought i had a B18 in there lol

add me to the JDM F22B DOHC CREW
                thats good that its running fine now..... go kill some tegs n civics

Comment

lol no joke man. that thing feels stupid fast. the accelerationd in 3rd gear with my wagon tranny is comaparable to acceleration in 2nd with my old f22a6. ill try to take a vid of like 0-60 sometime.
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Yea great job on the swap! Hey plz do make a video i wanna see it as well.
                    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                      lol no joke man. that thing feels stupid fast. the accelerationd in 3rd gear with my wagon tranny is comaparable to acceleration in 2nd with my old f22a6. ill try to take a vid of like 0-60 sometime.

Man I can't wait till I get mine in..and I had a f22a4!!I'm glad you got the car running fine and its running well!!

Car audio classifieds...
                      http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
                      Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

very well done swap, now all you have to do is enjoy the power.
                        =my idea of classic JDM
                        to my car page

Comment

thanx everyone. the swap was a great experience and now i know my car inside out. ill finish cleaning up the engine bay today and take some pics. when i figure out how mount my digital cam inside the car ill take few vids. im still running a P39 from an auto car tho so that might have some affect. id like to get a P06 sometime and have MRX tune it. my idle is pretty smooth too at 850-900rpms but sometimes it jumps a bit from 600-900rpms which i think it might be the ecu since i checked for vaccuume leaks. other than that that it runs awsome
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

gyea deffinetly get a p06 ecu....... d112crzy ran 15.5 with semi tuned map on chrome or uber i think

have fun with it

Comment

yea P06 seems like the best choice for F22B. now i did an engine swap but this might be a noob question. When it comes to tuning what exactly is involved in the process. I know that you can adjust the maps with the P06 that is chipped and you need the wiring and software such as uberdata or chrome that seem to be the popular choices. what other steps are there, or are there any more? i know that i can release some more power once i get a better muffler or exhaust. now im just runinng the stock ex muffler. the piping is in pretty good shape so i might just get a better flowing muffler. i think im set on the APEXi WS2 muffler.
                              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

if your buying the WS2 might as well buy the whole catback or you can just go 2.5crush bent piping with resonator and pretty good and quiet muffler.
                                as far as the p06 tunning, you need a lap top, zietronix dataloging kit and know how to adjust fuels n timing(your gonna have to read alot on tunning part b4 you tune) oh yea DL uberdata if you havent.
                                good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X