My new H22 feels slower than all motor f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new H22 feels slower than all motor f22a6

Installed my motor last weekend and I have to admit that I'm extremely let down by the performance. it feel about as fast as my f22a6 with delta cam, i/h/e and mrx ecu. I'm thinking that it's a timing issue. I tried setting the timing last night but could not see the mark at all on the flywheel. I'm not throwing any codes and I've tried running my p13 ecu and my chipped p06. Neither make a difference. The motor is super clean on the inside and the injectors are clean. Any suggestions as to what it might be that's making this motor feel sluggish?

Any suggestions would help.

The compression test before I put the motor is was fine accross the board but I will still check it again.

Also, when I was putting in thr motor, the h22 crank pulley looked shady so we stuck my f22 one on. Upon doing a search, I found that the f22 is a little bigger but people have swapped them on before. My alternator belt is tight but I don't think that would affect the performance at all.

The mods for the h22 are Type s cams and pistons, mugen header, and a huge nissan throttlebody that's portmatched to an h22 manifold.
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

sounds like you throttle body is WAY too big for the mods you have... anything over 70mm or so and you lose power
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

yea, 95 mm is REALLY big...it probably only benefits you at above 7k, lol
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I think it's a combination of my huge throttle body and a timing issue. I tried setting the timing but I couldn't find the mark on the flywheel at all.
        Former Ride:
        93 Accord Coupe
        Jdm H22 w/ LSD
        Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
        Bone stock 99 2.3CL
        Black on Black Leather
        5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
        C. S. Lewis

Comment

Hmmm, sorry to hear that. Well, if you get the timing all adjusted properly and it still lacks power, maybe see if you can buy or borrow an H23/H22 plenum and t/b (stock) and compare. That t/b may be your problem, it's enormous and could be unnecessary.

Dan

Comment

any cel's?
            Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
              any cel's?
              REading pwns you...

You shoulda kept that f series lol...
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                REading pwns you...

You shoulda kept that f series lol...

sorry, i read his other post on honda tech saying he had 2 codes
                Members Ride

Comment

LMAO @ 95mm...that's like a compact discque

But yea...with the cam and all that I don't think an F22 would be much slower than the H22. Speaking of which what are you doing with that A6?

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    LMAO @ 95mm...that's like a compact discque

But yea...with the cam and all that I don't think an F22 would be much slower than the H22. Speaking of which what are you doing with that A6?
                    now,now yaw why as about the f22 we got the h22 just for you bro

Comment

sounds like you need some forced induction to make good use of that enormous TB... could be nice...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Well that's good news for me in the coming month!
                        Let's see your opinion after you fix whatever you think is holding you back.
                        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I remember when you got your motor as well... I recall wondering how beat it was. It could be quite tired!

But yeah, a somewhat built F22 often feels more powerful from a seat of the pants standpoint. Honestly, 93twodoorLX's F22A1 with IHE (cheap stuff at that) actually feels more powerful than my H22. While the H22 does make nice power, it's all up high. When you increase the size of the intake and exhaust, especially in a drastic manner such as your crazy TB, you raise that powerband even more. I've heard that the H22 before 5200 RPM makes less power overall than an H23 in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            I remember when you got your motor as well... I recall wondering how beat it was. It could be quite tired!

But yeah, a somewhat built F22 often feels more powerful from a seat of the pants standpoint. Honestly, 93twodoorLX's F22A1 with IHE (cheap stuff at that) actually feels more powerful than my H22. While the H22 does make nice power, it's all up high. When you increase the size of the intake and exhaust, especially in a drastic manner such as your crazy TB, you raise that powerband even more. I've heard that the H22 before 5200 RPM makes less power overall than an H23 in comparison.
                            Is that the dude w/the green coupe? His car seemed fast. Didn't he run like a mid 15 in the quarter mile?

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              Is that the dude w/the green coupe? His car seemed fast. Didn't he run like a mid 15 in the quarter mile?
                              15.9 And his car gives me hope as well.

exratedaccord93, did you ever run your car at the track? I think even you smooth everything out it's still not gonna be a big leap going from your F to your H.
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X