Giving birth to the beast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving birth to the beast...

Well, im sure some of you remember, but I bought a Florida 90 LX with a fucked tranny for $400.00. The car has no rust what so ever on it, so im swapping my motor and all my other crap into this car. Since I have no time constrainsts with the swap this time, im actually going to document the whole thing *gasp!* via photos and words. Ill get some pics of the car itself this weekend and update this thread as I get stuff finished.

Yes, i know this thread is worthless right now, but not for long!

nice you have any pics?

Comment

sweet, best of luck with the rust free car. now youll have a sick engine in a sick body.

Comment

Originally posted by elositocandela
        nice you have any pics?

Originally posted by xScott
        Ill get some pics of the car itself this weekend and update this thread as I get stuff finished.

I believe he answered your question in the very first post
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Yay for no rust thats what you gotta love about the south.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm gonna miss those stripes...

I dug em...

Good luck man...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

glad to hear that scott! i just hope this time we dont get a thread saying that your selling everything cuz the swap didnt work lol. nah j/k you should be good after doing it once already

goodluck n keep us updated as you said

maury

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                glad to hear that scott! i just hope this time we dont get a thread saying that your selling everything cuz the swap didnt work lol. nah j/k you should be good after doing it once already

goodluck n keep us updated as you said

maury
                Yeah, im glad I never went through with that. Well, i sorta did, i sold all my JDM crap, only to turn around and buy most of it back again. Minus the trunk spoiler, G-square grill, ect. Least I dint sell the motor! Only down side to this is whole thing is, no more sun roof. Damn, thats gonna take some getting used to.

On the upside though, I can make sure I do everything right this time and take more time! Ill finally get a chance to put my Greddy timing and balance belts on, remove all the P/S stuff, tuck the engine wiring harness out of sight, ect.

Anyways, thanks for the support guys, im picking up the car on friday and ill snap some pics then.
                Last edited by xScott; 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

nice nice! cant wait for the documentation scott. get ready to put some major time both in front of the computer and on the car. it took awhile to take and get all my pics in order for my swap journal (link in sig). plus you will be doing more than a swap eh? god speed broham !
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                    nice nice! cant wait for the documentation scott. get ready to put some major time both in front of the computer and on the car. it took awhile to take and get all my pics in order for my swap journal (link in sig). plus you will be doing more than a swap eh? god speed broham !
                    Thanks man! Im gonna hopefully swap over my all my exterior parts this weekend, and probably swap the motor later this summer.

Comment

no more jdm stuff, dang, when i saw your accord it had crap loads of jdm stuff, i liked the headlights, i'm hopefully gonna turbo my car
                      My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Yeah if i ever crash my car or something really bad happens, i would gladly sell them back to you scott.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          Yeah if i ever crash my car or something really bad happens, i would gladly sell them back to you scott.
                          woot! shoulda keept the trunk spoiler
                          Originally posted by John Conner18
                          no more jdm stuff, dang, when i saw your accord it had crap loads of jdm stuff, i liked the headlights, i'm hopefully gonna turbo my car
                          i rebought most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
                            Well, im sure some of you remember, but I bought a Florida 90 LX with a fucked tranny for $400.00. The car has no rust what so ever on it, so im swapping my motor and all my other crap into this car. Since I have no time constrainsts with the swap this time, im actually going to document the whole thing *gasp!* via photos and words. Ill get some pics of the car itself this weekend and update this thread as I get stuff finished.

Yes, i know this thread is worthless right now, but not for long!

sick
                            (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                            Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                            My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                              sick
                              thanks mang!

OH! I did some work to it this weekend, i installed the EDM switch for the center vents and pulled the front end off. Not much, but its a start.

Comment

Working...
                              X