News on my swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News on my swap!

Ok, it runs! changed the distributor and it fired right up, it was still running WAY rich and was in some sort of limp mode, so I called my buddy that has a D16 swapped into his EG hatch (DX)... plugged in his P28 and the thing ran smooth, vtec worked and everything, pulled his chip out, put it in my ECU and it ran the same as it did with the chip in his ECU, so its either:

something wrong with the chip -OR- something wrong with the file thats burned onto the chip.
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

when I open the files in uberdata, it comes up: failed to assemble L1H1_AF.asf this may cause ecu failure.

Wtf?!
    OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Whoa, that sucks... Hopefully you'll be able to get it squared away!
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

these ICs are very sensitive to static. ideally they should be handled in a static safe work environment when changing them out. you should be properly grounded. a small static event can cause some malfunction on it. either way shawn the ecu is obviously not running correctly. i have no experience with uberdata but i'm glad your motor is up and running. it's the final cap to one of my favorite rides on this board.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

what version of uberdata are you all using to right this? we have been opening it up in 1.7?
          OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

You have to put the bin, in the same folder that all the other bins are in. I had the same problem.

Then just open it file>open
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

starting to make sense now, I'm guessin the "L1H1_AF.asm" file is the Air/Fuel tables huh... maybe THATS why its shooting gas through it!
              OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

ok so we took the file that antione sent me, tryed it, and couldnt get it to start... seems something is wrong with his burner or this chip itself

anyone want to burn the file onto a chip and send it to me? I'll PAY!!!!! right now its running off of the stock F series ecu (runs ok) and I need to get it fixed asap...

also, I took off my power steering and now my speed sensor isn't working, any idea's why? I looped the two main lines, and left the ones that went to the tranny alone.
                OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden

also, I took off my power steering and now my speed sensor isn't working, any idea's why? I looped the two main lines, and left the ones that went to the tranny alone.
                  Glad to hear that it did run well. Cant help you on the chip stuff since I dunno much about it. But the speed sensor, check that the connector isnt off or a wire isnt broken. I looped my lines the other week, and had no problem. Are you throwing a CEL for the Speed Sensor(# 17)?

Comment

after I drive it for a little bit it will throw it (the only code it throws with the stock ecu)

I've checked the plug and it is plugged in, I just don't see how the sensor could go bad without driving it! its the same tranny/sensor I had on the F before the swap...
                    OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
                      after I drive it for a little bit it will throw it (the only code it throws with the stock ecu)

I've checked the plug and it is plugged in, I just don't see how the sensor could go bad without driving it! its the same tranny/sensor I had on the F before the swap...
                      Did it work while in the H22? and just stop working when you looped it, or has it not worked since the swap?

If since the swap was put in, I would check the wiring, see if its damaged anywhere. If not, pull the speed sensor out, and see if the little plastic gear is broken.

Comment

dont think its worked since the swap (just now started driving it enough to pay attention to it though.) I'll check the wiring tommorow.
                        OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

what chip burner are you using?
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Stock p13 does it nicely fo rme ohwell good luck . Im not too fond of chasing ghosts so i keep my setup simple.

Comment

not sure, but the program that he uses is called "Flash and Burn"
                              OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X