Extra coolant temp sensor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra coolant temp sensor...

I was preparing my F22xx harness for use on my H22A yesterday night and I noticed that both my F22A1 and F22B1 had an additional coolant temperature sensor on the engine side's neck for the radiator return hose (upper). The H22A does not have this sensor located there or anywhere else on the engine for that matter.

Anyone know what this sensor does? Fan, Idiot light, redundancy, etc.?

I could just take the neck off my F22B1 and use it on my H22 but my H22 is so clean and that F22B1's would look like shit on there.

Any suggestions? Use it or lose it, what have you done?
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

This might not be related, but as of 4 days ago, my radiator cooling fan comes on after everytime i drive. ever since i had my swap...which was about 4-5 months ago...it has never come on after i turn my car off. My temperature gauge is always below he half mark.

could it be a bad sensor, relay, wiring, etc.

the only thing that is reassuring is that it is consistant. It comes on but turns back off after 10-15 min.

And im using my A/C more so that might be making my engine run a little more hot than shes used to.

Anyone have similar problems.
    Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
    *RIP*
    1993 Accord EX Coupe
    1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
    1993 Accord EX Coupe
    Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
    JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
    I love it when VTEC kicks in!
    vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

If you mean that the radiator fan remains on for 5-15 mins after the ignition has been turned off then that's not a problem. I've seen many Honda's do that and from time to time esspecaily when driving in serious heat it does that. It's just pulling cool air threw the radiator/condensor. I don't think it's a problem but could be. I just always understood that was normal.

Comment

Yeah, the fans coming on is normal. And the sensor in the neck on the front of the head is infact fan related. Just swap necks. Put the F-neck on the H head.
        I assume that its fan related cause when i unplugged it once the fan turned off. I'll have to check out the helms later to see if says anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wesselerp
          Yeah, the fans coming on is normal. And the sensor in the neck on the front of the head is infact fan related. Just swap necks. Put the F-neck on the H head.
          I assume that its fan related cause when i unplugged it once the fan turned off. I'll have to check out the helms later to see if says anything about it.
          Well I've been running the engine for alittle over 600 miles now without that sensor and she runs great. No overheat, temp is nice and cool. I do have the connector there just in case I need it but see no immediate need. Let me know what your helms manual says about that extra sensor.

Comment

Working...
          X