What to drop in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to drop in?

I have a 95 Accord and the single cam vtec isn't getting it after i just got rid of a 95 GSR. I really don't have the cash to go out and buy an h22 so i decided to go a little cheaper and swap h23 style. While looking on ebay i found that h23's were getting up to h22 prices. But while searching i found these results on f22 dohc and f20 dohc:
    F22 2.2 16V DOHC PGM-FI 2156 160hp@6000rpm 148tq@5000rpm 92-96 Prelude Si

F20A 2.0 16V DOHC PGM-FI 1955 150hp@6100rpm 137tq@5000rpm 90-93 Accord Si

so i am still wondering which engine to use and if any body knows about aftermarket part usage. Like underdrive pulleys, flywheels, clutches, and just replacement parts period? Like if the alternator goes out on one of these motors what do i replace it with, or water pumps, or timing belt.
    So i really don't know what the hell to do. I know my honda shit but i never really heard of these motors. When i had my cb7 all i was concered was h22 but now i am a little broker. So if anybody has some info or a motor for sale around six or seven bills or want to trade for a good running Sohc vtec motor. PM me or just respond. thanks
    vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

You can get a nice motor from these guys.
    http://stores.ebay.com/MAKOTO-AUTOPARTS-CORPORATION

I just purchased a F20A Dohc with shipping for 515 total. Thats a motor with a 6 month internal warranty and 50k on the clock. I dont think you can get any cheaper then that. As far as the motor goes its suppose to be able to use H23a parts. Your gonna might wanna swap the ecu later on but can use your existing ecu. I am still in the stage on preping to do this motor swap myself not a expert on swaps. Stilling doing my homework on getting this right.

But I dont think those motors are for you since you have a vtec motor and those are non vtec motors. I could be wrong
    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

For the 5th gen i would get an F22B, Boost the F22B1/2 whichever one you have, or buy the h23.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

fuck that drop in the h22 or dont drop at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
          You can get a nice motor from these guys.
          http://stores.ebay.com/MAKOTO-AUTOPARTS-CORPORATION

I just purchased a F20A Dohc with shipping for 515 total. Thats a motor with a 6 month internal warranty and 50k on the clock. I dont think you can get any cheaper then that. As far as the motor goes its suppose to be able to use H23a parts. Your gonna might wanna swap the ecu later on but can use your existing ecu. I am still in the stage on preping to do this motor swap myself not a expert on swaps. Stilling doing my homework on getting this right.

But I dont think those motors are for you since you have a vtec motor and those are non vtec motors. I could be wrong
          holy shit, those are some good prices. that guy just got added to my favorite sellers.

how was the motor shipped? how long did it take? can you give us some info on these guys?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I have not received my motor as yet. I was informed and showed as 3 to 5 days frieight. Its going to a shop near my house since they dont ship to Military bases. I would like to do this swap without taking out the tranny but something tells me. It prolly would be better to do it with the tranny then to leave it in . Info on the guys I dont have or heard any bad things from them and he seemed quite helpful over the phone only problem being is that they dont have the ecu's at all. He also mentioned that he would add all the things that I would need except the standard accesories suchs as PS,AC and ALT.

I couldnt belive how low the price was compared to Paterson NJ JDMmotors which wanted 700 bucks for the F20a SOHC alone with a 30 day warranty not including shipping with no dizzy.
            WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

good shit. i dont care for a/c or ps. and im gona buy a p06 anyways, so its all good.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

just another vouch for Makoto - and I picked it up right from their warehouse in LA (they also have one in Virginia, which I've never dealt with, but id still trust!)- good people they are and threw in a timing/ balance belts, tensioners and water pump for only an extra hundred

6 month warranty was nice, but i didn't need it - engine runs REALLY well and all my sensors were intact - even had the alternator and PS brackets on it

actually didn't need the belts or pump b/c the engine was so new (internals looked about 25-33k old - NICE )

i paid 650 total for the F22b, picked up

id do the f22b or boost what you have. Vtec's not a huge difference, and you're not at a huge loss if you take a twin cam engine that doesn't have it but im not getting into that again -

just another vouch for a good, lesser known company
                Last edited by i'm the girl; 05-23-2006, 05:38 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Find an f22b. Best bang for your buck. Id offer to sell you mine but it needs some love

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    fuck that drop in the h22 or dont drop at all.
                    typical...lol
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yea i was excepting h22sparkle to reply with that!
                      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                      Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

well now i have an h22, I took h22sparkle's advice, but my block is cracked and the internal in the pan are fucked!!! The three tubes that run parallel to the crank are shit because the rod that snapped swung through all of them breaking them, the pick up tube can still be used and the pan in there has a hole in it but i was thinking to bend it and weld it back. So i need a good bottom end. any body have one?
                        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

in 3 months you managed to do all that? maybe less?
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                          X