h22a still wont fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a still wont fire

ok so i got a new distributor and new plugs and new plugs wires...and my h22a still wont fire...i dont know what to do...is there an ignition relay that could be bad? i think all my wiring is correct and ive checked it a couple of times...i cant figure out anything else that could be wrong...i had my battery relocated to the trunk because of future plans for a turbo set up...could this have anything to do with it? all my grounds are hooked up...has anyone else who has done an h22 swap run into this? (this is ? is to people who know KC) if i cant get it to fire is there any place in the KC area that i could take it to, to have it looked at to see what is wrong? ive needed my car for over a month...it sucks bumming rides from people and paying for others gas...any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...

check the voltage to see if you are getting power to the front.

* check the main fuse
    * do you get any power when you turn the key (dash, radio)?
    * does the engine turn over?
    * if it doesnt turn over, does it make any sounds?
    * have you turned the engine over via the crank bolt to verify that it rotates?

Comment

Check out your firing order might help a lil and check timing as mentioned. Know if your getting spark and fuel?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

actually i am not getting any spark that is the problem...the engine does turn over at least i am assuming it does since when i turn the ignition on the pulleys turn and i can hear the distributor cap turning...i was wondering about if there is an ignition relay that is controls spark? i bought all new distributor/plugs/wires so it can not be any of those...i just cant figure out why it isnt sparking....

Comment

Check your coil.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i just bought a brandnew jdm distributor that is internal coil...since i am running an internal coil h22a...i did all the stuff that i have read about in swap guides with the distributor wiring...could it possibly be a relay? or is it somewhere else in the wiring?

Comment

you could check your main relay. when you turn the key to on, can you hear the fuel pump "whirring" ?

edit:
              http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=21453726

there was a nice troubleshooting guide posted on here, dunno where it went
              Last edited by aero; 05-15-2006, 11:23 PM.

Comment

i have fuel because when i went to crack the line to check fuel started spraying out everywhere...so thats not it...it just wont spark...

Comment

get your Service Manual out and do all teh trouble shooting steps related to the Distributor, coil, and ICM.

Comment

Ignition Module inside the Dizzy... mine went bad and did the same thing
                    OS^e
                    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

i just bought a brandnew distributor...how could my icm be bad when it is brandnew?

Comment

ok.. did u convert to external coil thou??? or did u do the fuse trick inside the coil plug???

u just said u bought a brand new INTERNAL coil distributor... ie JDM..

and ur members name is accord * 93 * racer.. soooo ur original distributor is external coil...

so.. do me a favor.. and put a 30amp fuse inside the coil plug and see if she fires..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

OH yeah and the EASY thing to check is to make sure the engine wiring harness is grounded by the thermostat.... done this like 5 times.... Check your grounds....
                          WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

i was gonna mention that but i think my fingers hurt from repeating that so many times...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

check the 15amp fuse in the under dash fuse pannel it is fuse number 2 and make sure that all the fuses are good. when you turn the key on does the check engine light go off after a few seconds.
                              da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

Working...
                              X