• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats better skunk2 cam gears or aem???

whats better for h22 swap??? any feed back will help. thanks

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yay. You're an asshole.

How about some actual upgraded cams to go along with the DOCH VTACK and cam GEARS?

Comment

According to HondaFan81's (Cisco) research, Megan Racing are identical in every way to Skunk2's cam gear.

Just a thought.

- Zipcreature
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
        How about some actual upgraded cams to go along with the DOCH VTACK and cam GEARS?
        ??????

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by blvs125
          ??????
          for one, i would go with skunk2. and secondly, i think he means... without cams, gears are useless. kinda like buying a sms header and bolting it to a stock exhaust.

Comment

thanks.

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

as far as show related: more points with skunk2 or aem??? now performance related skunk2 or aem???

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

Point wise? You get points for those parts now? Just get what you want both are somewhat reputable companies.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i think as long as the manufactor is reputable (both skunk2 and aem are) its just a choice of looks and price. because honestly, how different can you make them? just buy some crower cams and get the cam gears from them also. then it will come all in one box and you can install it all at the same time.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                  cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Megan Racing Cam Gears are identical to Skunk2's.
                    Why spend more?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                    91 accord lx (5spd)
                    92 accord lx (5spd)
                    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                      for one, i would go with skunk2. and secondly, i think he means... without cams, gears are useless. kinda like buying a sms header and bolting it to a stock exhaust.

bs... im not sure how much this applies to regular swaps but on adams g23... f23 block h22a head.. the adjustability of the cam gears allowed antoine to gain 20WHP on the dyno... aided side by side of course.. ecu tuning and the cam gears.. but that 20whp wasnt done soley on the tuning.. words from the tigers mouth...

they help.. period...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

megan racing and skunk2 identical in every way?? how about weight? juust a thought.....
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I'm running an OBX on my f22 and it's exactly the same as the Megan version and the AEM version, got it 10 bucks cheaper than the megan and 40 bucks cheaper than the AEM.

Comment

You don't need cams to make use of cam gears. They can show gains with stock cams. If you have IHE, cam gears can help move your powerband into a more usable range. Combine a good IHE setup with some cams, ECU tuning, and some good cam gears, and yes... you're looking at some noticable gains.

However, some people really don't like adjustible gears, as they are often hard to set exactly.

As far as the brands go, you can never go wrong with the name brands. I have a set of 3 bolt AEM gears (the old style) waiting to go on when I get my cams as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                              megan racing and skunk2 identical in every way?? how about weight? juust a thought.....
                              Skunk seems to have 2 types with one being lighter than the other. I actually had the heavier set and it worked fine on mine. Gains were seen at the wheels using oem H22 cams. I chose the Skunk gears because they had more bolts (6) to keep everything in place. I had heard to many stories of bolts coming loose, people not tightening them down enough. I figured the odds of this happening would decrease with more bolts to turn. Haven't had a problem yet.
                              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Working...
                              X