Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWWWOOOOOOOTTT!! just bought JDM H22 w/ LSD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
    picked it up this afternoon and it is better than i thought!!! It has an oil cooler and the compression test read 275psi accross the board! This thing has got to have high comp pistons. This thing is gonna be a beast. There was a guy on Honda-tech that put down 225whp with type s pistons, stage 2 cams, and euro r mani. It would be sweet to put down that or more from a motor that cost me $2300! I'll post up some pics later tonight
    first off, something is FUCKED UP if it read 275psi across all cylinders....i THINK the 11:1 type-s should only put out just over 200psi on average
    either you have bad info (175psi is good for the 10:1 h22a1), some valve issues, or something worse.....i'd check the compression myself.....hopefully it isn't really 275

not to be a downer, but it takes more than stage 2 cams/.4 higher CR/euro r manny.......that wouldn't get you but to around 200hp with the other common bolt ons.....

as for the "modified" state of it, you may wanna do ALL the precautionary pre-install shit because i'd bet my left nut, no, both my nuts, fuck, i'll bet the schlong too that it wasn't driven by an old widow but probably driven HARD and driven that way OFTEN........

maintenance matters more than anything of course, but i'd make sure it was in tip-top shape prior to install......good luck with it......i'd trade in some of that excitement for some realistic negativity and skepticism just to be safe though.....look for things that aren't right with the motor and maybe you'll find something that could rear it's ugly head later
    Last edited by rickyduckworth; 05-04-2006, 06:53 PM.
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, something is FUCKED UP if it read 275psi across all cylinders....i THINK the 11:1 type-s should only put out just over 200psi on average
      either you have bad info (175psi is good for the 10:1 h22a1), some valve issues, or something worse.....i'd check the compression myself.....hopefully it isn't really 275

not to be a downer, but it takes more than stage 2 cams/.4 higher CR/euro r manny.......that wouldn't get you but to around 200hp with the other common bolt ons.....

as for the "modified" state of it, you may wanna do ALL the precautionary pre-install shit because i'd bet my left nut, no, both my nuts, fuck, i'll bet the schlong too that it wasn't driven by an old widow but probably driven HARD and driven that way OFTEN........

maintenance matters more than anything of course, but i'd make sure it was in tip-top shape prior to install......good luck with it......i'd trade in some of that excitement for some realistic negativity and skepticism just to be safe though.....look for things that aren't right with the motor and maybe you'll find something that could rear it's ugly head later

all phat has is this:
      jdm H22a
      m2b4 lsd tranny
      Fidanza 8lb flywheel
      Ebay intake
      skunk2 muffler w/ 2.5 piping
      Jg cam seal
      Auto>manual tensioner conversion
      p28 ecu
      Dc sports header
      Straight through glasspack

and he hit 194whp.

thats just i/h/e and a tb.

this guy is getting about the same things.

and and btw, that p28 is just a basemap.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        all phat has is this:
        jdm H22a
        m2b4 lsd tranny
        Fidanza 8lb flywheel
        Ebay intake
        skunk2 muffler w/ 2.5 piping
        Jg cam seal
        Auto>manual tensioner conversion
        p28 ecu
        Dc sports header
        Straight through glasspack

and he hit 194whp.

thats just i/h/e and a tb.

this guy is getting about the same things.

and and btw, that p28 is just a basemap.

so he gained 30whp with those mods?

i've had 3 h22a's and none responded like that to those mods

i hit 180whp with these mods:

jdm h22a
        m2b4
        cm flywheel
        centerforce stage 2 clutch
        ebay intake
        apex'i WS exhaust/no cat/jdm header (dc is equal AT best)
        manual tensioner
        chipped/tuned p28 (as lean as i could safely get in 100 degree weather)
        no p/s or a/c
        195/50/15 wheels and tires

not all dynos are equal, but if he's putting down more hp than i was, he should be running 13's because that car ran a best of 14.1 with that setup (at a track, not some bullshit)

most of the time, all those mods plus stage 2 cams and more tuning will net you only around 200whp on respectable dynos.......

not saying he's a liar, there are most definitely freak motors (and just as many underachievers) but to use it as a standard is completely ridiculous.....like i said, i've had 3 and the above mentioned setup was strong compared to others here and everywhere else for what it had done, and nearly 200whp from a motor with that setup is definitely either impressive or inaccurate

stock, they usually put down only around 164whp-168whp

Comment

well i guess you didnt see the latest dyno, but my previous one was 191, and the latest one was 183whp.

And i ran 14.4 with some shitty warrior tires and crappy suspension. We will see when i get the GC and konis.

And all tracks arent created equal etheir..
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by AccLuDe12x2
            sweet man sounds awesome. -- i just ordered my h22 w/ lsd today, ships out tomorro, im so stokked i cant wait till it gets here so i can put my exedy flywheel & clutch kit on there and change the timing belt n get her all ready for the transplant
            i am a bit scurd about the wiring tho, it comes with a jdm right hand drive harness soi have to use the accord one and run some wires..i guess idk. i guess when i get stuck i'll post up my question
            you should use the accord harness anyways. it'll make wiring simpler. searching is key in all cases.

bump for some pics of this nissan TB?!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              well i guess you didnt see the latest dyno, but my previous one was 191, and the latest one was 183whp.

And i ran 14.4 with some shitty warrior tires and crappy suspension. We will see when i get the GC and konis.

And all tracks arent created equal etheir..
              so you're making 183whp now?

i ran a 14.1 with original OEM suspension and kumhos.....first gear was all spinning......it was hot on the 180whp dyno, so a cool, dry 60 degree day might have bumped it up to 184-185whp, but still, that's 10whp short of what the other guy said
              Last edited by rickyduckworth; 05-04-2006, 07:46 PM.

Comment

yup, same dyno, had 15s this time isntead of 17s, my maxbore TB, didnt do a tune up tho, did change oil..

who knows! dynos are still kinda unpredictable.

pretty much i agree with you.

Comment

well, Thanks for the concern but This motor was done right. I'm going to do all the precautionary maintenance as well as test myself again. anyways....here's some pics of the motor. I'm painting the valve cover and I'm probly gonna get a new header or just a new flex pipe welded (see the downpipe pic). I measured the TB and it is around 3.75 inches in diameter! Have to do a custom intake prolly.

Former Ride:
                  93 Accord Coupe
                  Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                  Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                  Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                  Black on Black Leather
                  5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                  C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                    yup, same dyno, had 15s this time isntead of 17s, my maxbore TB, didnt do a tune up tho, did change oil..

who knows! dynos are still kinda unpredictable.

pretty much i agree with you.
                    ok, i gotcha, but from what i learned from others, you're still putting down GOOD numbers.....a LOT of people need more to put down the same.......i always thought of my first h22a as a bit of a freak and the guy i sold it too (he sold it after that) has a "fanbase" in the st. louis area from what other, crooked st. louis natives have told me lol

didn't someone on here barely make 200whp with all your mods plus cams/headwork?

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
                      well, Thanks for the concern but This motor was done right. I'm going to do all the precautionary maintenance as well as test myself again. anyways....here's some pics of the motor. I'm painting the valve cover and I'm probly gonna get a new header or just a new flex pipe welded (see the downpipe pic). I measured the TB and it is around 3.75 inches in diameter! Have to do a custom intake prolly.
                      you think a 4" intake is big enough lol

and don't get me wrong, not putting anything down, but if that excitement carries over and you "feel" like it's all good and you run into problems later, you'll be just as equally disappointed......

good luck, definitely unique as far as the tb goes

Comment

I've never dealt with an oil cooler. It's pretty self expainitory on what it does but how does it work and do i even need a filter?
                        Former Ride:
                        93 Accord Coupe
                        Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                        Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                        Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                        Black on Black Leather
                        5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                          ok, i gotcha, but from what i learned from others, you're still putting down GOOD numbers.....a LOT of people need more to put down the same.......i always thought of my first h22a as a bit of a freak and the guy i sold it too (he sold it after that) has a "fanbase" in the st. louis area from what other, crooked st. louis natives have told me lol

didn't someone on here barely make 200whp with all your mods plus cams/headwork?
                          I know there is acouple of guys who have skank2 cams and havent gotten over 200whp, but this guy has

JDM H22A
                          JDM Timing belt service decal
                          Skunk 2 intake manifold
                          SMSP Prototype #5 Header
                          3" Powercore Cold air intake
                          NGK Spark Plug Wires
                          NGK Plugs
                          2.5" Catback Exhaust
                          EP3 CTR dual tip muffler
                          High Flow Cat and resignator
                          Spoon reservor bands
                          Skunk 2 68mm throttle body
                          B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
                          Fuel Pressure Gauge
                          Hasport Prototype Rear Mount
                          Energy Suspension front mount inserts
                          Aem Alternator underdrive pulley
                          Hondata Heat Shield
                          Red Top Optima Battery
                          Chipped P30 ECU (For Neptune)
                          AC
                          No Power Steering or Cruise Control

91hybridaccord

::::198.4 WHP and 150.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Comment

hmm i wonder if the throttle body cable is going to work with that nissan tb... good deal and clean that bitch up!

Comment

There is an adapter plate on the intake mani that allows the throttle cable to work.
                              Former Ride:
                              93 Accord Coupe
                              Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                              Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                              Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                              Black on Black Leather
                              5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

i was just giving an example, sheesh!! lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X