A C32A? would it be worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A C32A? would it be worth it?

i was wondering out of curiosity? no plans for it by any means. BUT! has anyone ever thought about the Acura Legend C32A being placed in to the bay of a cb7. so far as i know of the front clip would have to be pushed forward and the firewall knocked back. No "bashing" please just a curious question.
    Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Dude, search. Right, 3 years running on this site and you think you're the first person to think of that? It's not worth it for the gains. You have to cut and weld and it will be almost impossible to find a manual transmission. Not to mention aftermarket support sucks. Also, you'd have absolutely no room in the engine bay to work.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Any V6 for that matter will take cutting and welding. IMO as mentioned by Jarrett its not worth the trouble. And yea search this has been covered already.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
        Dude, search. Right, 3 years running on this site and you think you're the first person to think of that? It's not worth it for the gains. You have to cut and weld and it will be almost impossible to find a manual transmission. Not to mention aftermarket support sucks. Also, you'd have absolutely no room in the engine bay to work.
        ok first off i said it was out of curiosity, so you need to calm yourself and stop trying to blow it out of proportion. a question? and as for a previous thread i have searched and i have noticed that a quite of few threads have been deleted. so it could have been one of those threads. i know that there were quite a few threads in the diy area that i liked that is no longer there. so as for your little smart remark of "Right, 3 years running on this site and you think you're the first person to think of that?" i never said that i was. "no bashing" is what i asked meaning that i had an idea that it may have been mentioned but it was know where to be found. Stop making quite responses that arent thoughtout. it makes you look inferior, and think before you speak. i do apologize for my response but of such behavior by some people on this site is very fustrating.

Comment

if you had the tools time and money, yes it would be worth it. except use a NSX engine, and mount it in the trunk so you'll have a mid-engine rwd cb7.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
            if you had the tools time and money, yes it would be worth it. except use a NSX engine, and mount it in the trunk so you'll have a mid-engine rwd cb7.
            gotta have the dough and alotta time to get that done.

Comment

Shiet... I would love to see that swap done ! If someone can stick a NSX engine in a CRX and dub it a "CR-NSX" why not a CB? I think most tuners or shops that are able to afford or want to make a company car would choose a honda other than a cb7 tho

Remember that domestic powered CB7 that was floating around e-bay for awhile? someone put a lot of work and money to get that done.... Original yes and I bet was fun as hell to line up next to another domestic at a light and rev >=)

Probably not a good daily driver tho or had mechanical problems. I've seen it on e-bay twice. Who would want to swap out the good 'ol gas saving F22 for a gas guzzler anyways? But yeah....time and money is all it takes.
              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Oh... I would also like to see a full 4G63 swap into a CB7. It's already been done to a civic on honda-tech. Kinda weird....looks like the swap belonged in there! It looked like a regular B16 with a mitsu valve cover swap. I'm not sure how much a AWD eclipse weights..but I know they are heavier than the FWD only versions...so it must have enough torque to pull a cb7 I assume
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

doesnt that car run like 11's or 12' with just that motor? I've seen it somewhere
                    But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

WE can bash on you all we want, you arent in the kiddy pen anymore..

keep dreaming.. why would you want a motor that has equal amount of horsepower to an h22? with more of a headache..
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                        WE can bash on you all we want, you arent in the kiddy pen anymore..

keep dreaming.. why would you want a motor that has equal amount of horsepower to an h22? with more of a headache..
                        my apologies to all but you. you are an idiot(period). an from how you speak you seem to be a minor still, the kind who does a lot of talking and thats all you do. you need to find a to be more mature than what you are. you really do

Comment

You are talking about the legend engine right?

C32A6 3.2L USDM SOHC non-VTEC V6 91-95 Legend Sdn, 91-92 Legend Cpe 96-98 3.2TL 200hp
                          C32A5 3.2L USDM SOHC non-VTEC V6 94-95 Legend GS Sdn, 93-95 Legend Cpe 230hp

why go through all the trouble? seriously? you must be an old fart who is never wrong.

good luck with the swap.
                          Last edited by phatdoughnut; 05-02-2006, 05:17 PM.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Perfection
                            i was wondering out of curiosity? no plans for it by any means. BUT! has anyone ever thought about the Acura Legend C32A being placed in to the bay of a cb7. so far as i know of the front clip would have to be pushed forward and the firewall knocked back. No "bashing" please just a curious question.
                            Comon' guys I can't believe you are misreading what he typed! He's not attempting the swap nor planning on doing it in the future, thats why he said he was just "curious" and just brought up the topic. Even if he did a search and came up with nothing, there's no point really bashing him about it to rack up your post counter. It's not your web server so if your getting mad that he just "wasted" space by posting this topic, then you just did the same thing really by posting useless information or by flaming. He wasn't looking for any flames about his question!

Sure the honda V6 has 200HP but still has slightly a little more torque than a H22 in stock form. Torque in any honda is nice to have. Every honda motor is torqueless unless u aid it with some form of Forced Induction period.

If Hasport ever did come up with a mount kit or if it was possible in general without major modification to the chassis, I bet a few people would swap these motors in no doubt. It's just that it's never been done b4. If that one company that made the CR-NSX made thier engine mount kit available and directions on how to re-arrange the rear of the crx's body i bet alot would do the swap.

At one point I wondered if enthusiasts with Honda V6's originally thought about stuffing a newer technology "J" series engine into their v6 legend or v6 accord chassis...but I figured for the same above reason for the C'series in a cb that it wouldn't be ideal either since there is no support for it being a swappable tuner motor.

Sorry CB7Perfection but I hope your questions were answered
                            Last edited by Kurobei; 05-02-2006, 06:02 PM.
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I'm sure some parts from the H,F,B,K series have to be interchangeble with the C32, that way you use the other engines aftermarket support.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X