still having clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still having clutch problems

okay so i bled the clutch system like you guys said on my last thread but my clutch still wont work...it has a little bit of resistance but then is like pulled to the floor...its like i push it to a certain point and then it is pulled the rest of the way...also it seemed like everytime i opened the resevoir cap more air would get into the clutch line...am i doing something wrong...i went by what you guys said and what the manual said...and still nothing...im using DOT3 fluid...is that okay? i know the cap and manual said it was...could it be the transmission that is messed up? like possibly the release bearing? or could it be the pedal assembly? this is the only thing that is holding me back from driving my car...has anyone else had this problem? from what i read and what you guys said...i put a hose onto the slave cylinder bleed hose and then put the hose into a thing of brake fluid and open the bleeder and let it bleed until no more air bubbles come out and then pump the clutch pedal and fill the master cylinder back up...is this correct? its what the manual said?

What did you change? IF you have tons of air in the system your going to be bleeding it for a good while.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i put in an h22 and kept the f22 tranny...i put a new clutch and flywheel on...but how do i keep the mastercylinder full of fluid? everytime i would pump the clutch the cylinder would drain and then i would put more fluid in there and more air would get in...my master cylinder resevoir has a little suction thing that everytime i pour fluid in and it is down it sucks air in...how long should i bleed the system? is this like an hour thing or longer? does can anyone tell me like a detailed process of how they did it? is this a two person process? like i said this is the only thing holding me back...might i need a new slave cylinder?

Comment

its a 2 person process. 1 person pumps the pedal, the other opens and closes the bleeder on the clutch slave cylinder. you open the bleeder valve, pump the pedal, close the bleeder valve. Continue the procees till you gain pressure and the pedal doesn't drop to the floor on its own. It does take awhile. If you don't get pressure your master clutch cylinder or slave cylinder just took a DUMP. Replace both units, cause if one goes out on you the other is getting ready fail on you.
        Carlos
        My Members Ride Page

Comment

Sir is right, you need 2 peeps, me nad my brother have bled my clutch numerous times and this is how we do it~

take the lid of the clutch resivoir
          fill it up
          person 1 pumps the pedal prob about 10-15 times and HOLDS IT TO THE FLOOR ON THE LAST ONE
          person 2 (with the pedal to the floor) then opens the valve, closing it after a couple seconds
          person 1 can then let the pedal off the floor and begin to pump again
          REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT

MAKE SURE THE RESIVOIR stays full~ and repeat until you get good resistance in the pedal

if you do this for about 10-15 minutes and still nothing, then your cylinders are crap, so get new ones and then try again~
          justin
          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

step back and look at your master cylinder and slave. are they in good working order? leaking anywhere?

well you should only bleed the system about a total of 20 (10 times will already drain your reservoir) and you should be getting some action already. the clutch line isn't as long as the braking system. make sure your clutch master cylinder isn't leaking INSIDE the car. mine was and so i replaced it. ALWAYS keep checking the reservoir for fluid. like i said it drains rather quickly and you don't want air in there again. DOT3 is perfectly fine.

here is what i did:
            person 1 pumps the clutch (you might have to pick the pedal up by hand as it just sinks and doesn't come back up), then after 10 pumps holds the pedal to the floor.
            person 2 opens the bleeder valve to let the fluid go, then closes it.
            person 1 pumps the clutch again 10x then holds.
            person 2 opens the bleeder valve to let the fluid go. repeat!

always make sure the reservoir is full. i can not stress that enough! do these steps until you have no more air in your line. also if you have a new clutch you will have to readjust your master cylinder for the engagement point. you can learn how to do that here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43666
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

if you dont have 2 people and its just you:

get a rock/log what ever and just place it on the clutch pedal and pump it by hand then place what ever it is on the pedal and bleed it..
              i've done it that way numorous times,
              1) side of the road, had to replace the slave too[had a spare and my tools like always]
              2) My drive way
              3) Student Parking lot
              Last edited by ehulst; 04-25-2006, 05:29 PM.
              93 Accord- SOLD
              94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Working...
              X