clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch problems

so i got my h22 all hooked up in my car and i went to start it but when i pushed on the clutch there was a little resistance and then the clutch went to the floor...i didnt even have to push on the clutch to make it go to the floor it just kinda resisted a little bit then made a little pop and went to the floor...does anyone know whats wrong with my clutch? i put a new clutcha nd flywheel on...and the master slave cylinder was replaced just a couple of months ago...do i need to bleed the clutch line? or is it something else? thanks...

Is your master cylinder full of fluid? You need to re bleed the system by the sound of it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how do i bleed the clutch system? thanks...

Comment

The bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. It's what the hard pipe connects to on the front of the transmission.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yes you need to bleed it!

bleed the system as you would with the braking system. like jarrett said, the bleeder valve is on the slave cylinder (in between the radiator fan and transmission). make sure to have fluid in the reservoir, have someone pump the clutch then hold, release/open the bleeder valve (have a clear hose and catch tank attached to the bleeder to catch the old fluid), close the bleeder valve then repeat. always check the reservoir for fluid. it drains pretty quickly as you open/close the bleeder. repeat until you don't see and air bubbles in the line.

good luck and use DOT3 or higher brake fluid for the clutch line.
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X