Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 transmission swap

Greetings,

This is my first post although I have been reading this forum religously. for the past 6 months and have found tons of very useful information that has made my swap project much easier to do.

My question is this, I am in the process of swapping my F22 motor for an 94 (JDM) H22 in my 91 Accord EX and have heard that to get the best performance out of the H22 auto tranny I should use the H22 TCM. Is this the case?

I am also thinking about purchasing LevelTen's Shiftronic module (www.levelten.com) for this tranny. Would that be a worthwhile investment?

Thanks...

I'm guessing that means you're looking to use an automatic transmission? I'm no expert on automatics, so I'm not sure I can offer much information on that. However, it does seem like a worthwhile investment if you want the control of a manual transmission, but don't want to do the tranny swap.

Personally, I would want to remove the automatic altogether and put in the H22A 5 speed tranny. But, if that's not your plan, then I wish you luck! It's good to have yet another Jersey member!

Comment

I wouldn't pruchase any module to interface with my electroniclly controlled auto transmission. But that's just me.

And yes if you are going to drop in an H22A with an H22A auto tranny then the best TCU to get is the Prelude TCU because it takes advantage of the H22A by raising and altering shift points and transmission behavior.

I personally like the auto H22 CB7's. They're great sleepers, great for everyday traffic driving and with good tuning and parts selection can pull very good times.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I used to have an auto H22 CB7. I used the accord's TCM. The only difference is that it will shift like an Accord. It will also shift at the accord's redline point which is 6400 for an auto. You can force it to go all the way to the preludes redline by manually pulling it to D1 to D2 to D3 to D4. Getting a prelude TCM is hard. I tried for 5 months to locate one, but no luck. If you do swap to a 5 spd tranny, you would have to convert your car to a 5 spd.

Good luck bro...I had a great time driving around my auto CB7 H22...

I hope the guys who stole my car suffer...

But now, I have another CB7 but 5 spd this time.
        Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
        *RIP*
        1993 Accord EX Coupe
        1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
        1993 Accord EX Coupe
        Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
        JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
        I love it when VTEC kicks in!
        vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

Working...