Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code 7 w/ h22 swap

Sup guys,

Ok, so I have the motor in, everything is wired up correctly. Car cranks, but it doesnt stay running, idle quickly drops and car dies. I'm getting a code 7 for TPS sensor. I checked the voltage like my manual told me and its dead on. Does that mean I need a new sensor? I smashed the h22's sensor when puttin the engine in, so I borrowed one off my friends b18. That doesnt make a difference does it?? I thought all TPS sensors were the same... Well, if anybody can help me I'd appreciate it! It almost runs, I'm ready to drive!!! Thanx people.

Reggie

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

what do you mean "borrowed"? TPS's usually can't just be R&R'ed without using a voltmeter. But if you did that then try resetting you the ecu. Sounds crazy but here's the easiest and best way to reset the ecu without pulling any fuses. Disconnect the battery (both terminals). Now using an extension or any small metal rod touch the two terminals together. Whenever your engine throws a code, you always have to reset the ecu after you have fixed the problem and before starting the car back up.

Comment

well when i had a problem with my tps i unplugged it and everything ran smoother. according to one of my manuals, when you disconnect the tps, the ecu automatically changes to predetermined artificial settings to bring back some performance until the tps can be replaced.

Comment

Well, I got rid of the TPS code. I didnt realize that there's a lil groove that the sensor (part that turns) goes into on the TB opening. So, I lined that up and measured my .5 at idle and approx. 4.5 @ WOT. Now my car wont start . Anyother ideas??

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Working...
        X