Which F22A6 parts will fit in a H23A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which F22A6 parts will fit in a H23A1?

ok, I've had this busted H23A1 sitting in the garage for nearly a year now, it's time to start getting it ready to put in my 90 Accord.

the problem is: the engine was more trashed than I originally thought when I picked it up (w/ the harness, ecu, and axles for $400) .

Guy said it had a pretty good knock, but I found 2 broken rods(#2 and #3). must've spun a rod/main bearing (or two) by over-revving.... The only damage to the block appears to be at the lower 1/2" of the cylinder sleeves, and won't interfere with oil ring travel.

Well I happen to have a F22A6 in the garage with some bent valves from a broken timing belt. The guy let me keep it since I did the swap for him for free.

Anyway, my question is: will the crank, rods, and pistons (i.e., rotating assembly) from the F22 fit in the H23? I have heard they are interchangeable but wanted to get someone's confirmation.

CRANK will, but nothing else will! bores to big on the h23, hence its a 2.3 not a 2.2...lol

blah just buy new stuff and do it right, so it doesnt spin another bearing!
    *edit* rods might too, but just get betta ones son!
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Yeah, i reasearched a while back and thought it was just the crank that would fit, but I read on a thread on this board tonight that the rods and pistons would too(which obviously is wrong), so I figured I'd ask. Anyway, I bought good used H23A1 rods and pistons(stamped P14) last summer and was going to be pissed if I could've just used the 2.2 ones.

And yes, I know the H23A1 has a 87mm bore, and the F22A has a 84.5mm bore.

And if both the F22 and H23 share the same crank (and therefore the same stroke), by the equation
      V(total displacement)=4*pi*H*(d/2), it would be impossible for both motors to share the same bore(pistons) and stroke(crank) and still differ in displacement by ~100cc's...

So why did I even ask the question....

Anyway, I wish I could afford new aftermarket performance internals, but since I've never built an engine before, I think I'd rather make my inevitible mistakes on used OEM parts which are readily available for free...

Besides, forged pistons would require sleeving, correct? (extra $900)

Comment

Working...
      X