price quote on swap

im doing the h22a swap soon... this is how much i got quoted for

h22a = 2200
    parts and labor =775

im doing the h22a manual swap.. since my car is auto

watcha guys think? good price or not?

at the top of this forum

specifically, fizzbob's post in that thread:

4. it's very doable yourself, but you need tools....i actually paid someone to do my swap simply because i didn't have the things to do it with.....i've done other motor swaps, but as of now, i have no place to do it, i could probably get the tools, but it was winter and my only car, so i couldn't only work on it on pretty days......letting someone else handle it is fine if you can afford it....i paid about $4200 for the engine, auto-manual swap parts, and labor.....if you aren't swapping from auto to manual, then knock off about 800-1000......not too bad.....but i could have done a lot with the extra $1500 i spent on labor....but i just wasn't able.....if you have any type of cover and good mechanical sense, then it's very, VERY doable.....supposedly the most straightforward honda swap

5. answered up there....if you get the engine, then expect about $600-800 for labor and if you do the tranny changeover, expect it to run around $1000 parts/labor by itself....and always plan to spend more...at least another $500......things can and do usually happen....i had to deal with a backorder on some parts and then had to track them down.....well worth it though...after it's done and you take it down the road, all the negative things are forgotten...and there is plenty of knowledge/help on here to get you going unless you severely fuck up something, like wiring the ecu through your headlight switch or something

using the numbers fizz posted, your quote seems like a great one. i would imagine that it may cost more than the quote, but you never know. also, if that's your only avenue for the swap, you don't really have a choice, assuming you really want the swap.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Damn, that price seems hella good. I got mine quoted for 4250...H22a, tranny, ECU, and all labor, including auto to manual conversion. I thought my price was ok, but Im gonna see if they can lower it by the time summer gets here. That way I can get some mods in while the engine is out.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Man we have a lot of these threads!

Yes, that's a good estimate for labor. Get it in writing, and be sure whatever you get has a maximum amount quoted. My estimate was $500-$1000 (quite a range) for the swap, and I already had a 5 speed. The result was 2 weeks downtime (while I researched to tell my mechanics how to do their job) and a $1749 bill... GET IT IN WRITING!!!

Chances are, anyone who charges less than $1000 for a simple swap (not counting the conversion) is either VERY familiar with the process, and has done it a million times, or has no idea what they're getting into. My mechanics claimed to be the former, and turned out to be the latter... If you get someone who's clueless, they'll eithe rmess it up, or get really mad and try to charge you more. The process is fairly straightforward, but there are some tricky changes to be made.

Comment

Working...
        X